It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Keeper League Trade Predicated off Razzball Rankings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:13 pm 

I traded must keep or lose David Wright and Felix Hernandez for must keep or lose Justin Upton and Ian Kinsler. How did I do?

Y! 10 Team H2H 5x5 w/OBP instead of AVG.

Cutch, Kinsler, J-Up, Castro, AJones, Headley, AJax, Heyward

I was just offered E5 for Heyward. E5 has full keeper eligibility and Heyward must be kept of lost after this season. Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Keeper League Trade Predicated off Razzball Rankings
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:15 pm 

Not sure I understand the difference between having to keep a player and lose him vs a full keeper eligible player.

The first deal is solid though. I fully expect Upton to get back on track of being a yearly MVP candidate and likely would have done this deal as well. I will say there is a chance you regret this trade though. If Upton doesn't bounce back and Kinsler continues his injury ways, then you will probably wish you still had Felix and Wright. What I like is you getting Upton who again I think will be a top 10 guy going forward.

Second deal I would stick with Heyward unless the keeper rules changes something.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:26 pm 

Thanks for the response. You on it here just like over at the cafe!

To understand the keeper rules in our league is to know that we keep 8, of which 3 players are eligible to be kept indefinitely. The others have a life span of a max of 3 years. Once they reach the 3 year point on any roster, the player must be kept as 1 of 3, traded, or sent back to the draft.

Heyward would have to be kept after this year. Wright, Felix, Upton and Kinsler are all maxed out and are franchise players. My three are Cutch, Upton and Kinsler now. I will have to send back one of these guys (Upton or Kinsler) in order to keep Heyward this time next year. On the contrary, if I trade JHey for E5, I get E5 for 3 full years.

Thanks, and hope that clarifies things.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:47 pm 

I like the deal. I see Upton coming back strong this year. In H2H also, I tend to wait on SP's, so even though Felix is a top ace, it doesn't hurt as much.

I would hold onto Heyward myself. I think he'll bounce into first round territory after this season, so would be ok going forward with dropping Kinsler after this season.