It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: 2013 Overhyped
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:54 pm 

I for one picked Salvador Perez arguably too early around pick 125, I'd have to wait 16 picks before I got to pick again. Alex Gordon got taken right before my pick so I was left with the likes of Morrow (Whom I very nearly took before switching to Perez) and Jim Johnson.

With most catchers still left on the board other than the top 4 or 5, I perhaps could have waited one more round but I didn't mind. The kid has hit from day one and compared to someone like Jesus Montero, I feel more confident with Perez that he's gonna give at least respectable numbers everywhere.

I look at a guy like Rutledge and I think he's gonna go through the sophomore jinx. But with Perez I just feel like he's one of those consistent guys. He has excellent contact skills and he is able to hit the ball to all fields... feeling good here. Can he out produce Mauer? Hell yeah.

I agree with the others named by the OP.

Post subject: Re: 2013 Overhyped
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:33 pm 

My over hyped is McCutchen. I see him regressing back closer to career averages in BA and HRs and with his steal rate success, I see no SB upside for him. I don't think he belongs in the upper half of the 1st round.