It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Keeper issues
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:23 pm 

I am struggling to figure out who to keep in my league

deets: 14 team, 25 player starting league. (C, C, 1b, 2b, 3b, MI, CI, OF, Of, OF, OF, OF ,U, U | SPx6, RPx4). 260$ Auction Draft. I am allowed 9 keepers, and there is a rising cost per year keeping them.

Players I am debating

C - Sal Perez - 1$
C - d'Arnaud - 1$
2b - Kipnis - 8$
2b - Profar - 1$
3b - beltre - 22$
3b - Middlebrooks - 1$
OF - Reddick - 3$
OF - Taveras - 1$

SP - Cain - 29$
SP - Minor - 7$
SP - Skaggs - 1$
RP - Chapman - 5$

The keepers I am heavy yes on are: S.Perez, Kipnis, Profar, Beltre, Reddick, Cain, Chapman.
That leaves me with 2 to choose from. I also really wanna convince myself to keep d'Arnaud, as I am a big Mets fan and it would be nice to root for him with extra umph for the next couple years (hopefully). I am high on Minor this year... but that price feels like the right buy for him, and I should be looking for value with my keepers.

I would like to make a trade if possible. The best I got going is I can get my hands on a 32$ Justin Upton... which is just about fair for his value.

Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Keeper issues
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:19 pm 

gbaked wrote:
I am struggling to figure out who to keep in my league

deets: 14 team, 25 player starting league. (C, C, 1b, 2b, 3b, MI, CI, OF, Of, OF, OF, OF ,U, U | SPx6, RPx4). 260$ Auction Draft. I am allowed 9 keepers, and there is a rising cost per year keeping them.

Players I am debating

C - Sal Perez - 1$
C - d'Arnaud - 1$
2b - Kipnis - 8$
2b - Profar - 1$
3b - beltre - 22$
3b - Middlebrooks - 1$
OF - Reddick - 3$
OF - Taveras - 1$

SP - Cain - 29$
SP - Minor - 7$
SP - Skaggs - 1$
RP - Chapman - 5$

The keepers I am heavy yes on are: S.Perez, Kipnis, Profar, Beltre, Reddick, Cain, Chapman.
That leaves me with 2 to choose from. I also really wanna convince myself to keep d'Arnaud, as I am a big Mets fan and it would be nice to root for him with extra umph for the next couple years (hopefully). I am high on Minor this year... but that price feels like the right buy for him, and I should be looking for value with my keepers.

I would like to make a trade if possible. The best I got going is I can get my hands on a 32$ Justin Upton... which is just about fair for his value.

Thoughts?

Cain, Minor and Chapman... Lose d'Arnaud...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:02 am 

Hi grey

Appreciate the reply, but I think u misread my post.

I can keep 9 players. Cain and chap were easy keepers.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:26 am 

:arrow: C - Sal Perez - 1$
:arrow: C - d'Arnaud - 1$
:arrow: 2b - Kipnis - 8$
:arrow: 2b - Profar - 1$
:arrow: 3b - beltre - 22$
3b - Middlebrooks - 1$
:arrow: OF - Reddick - 3$
:arrow: OF - Taveras - 1$

:arrow: SP - Cain - 29$
SP - Minor - 7$
SP - Skaggs - 1$
:arrow: RP - Chapman - 5$

If you like D'Arnaud then keep him. Fantasy is supposed to be fun and getting to root for guys you like so if this will increase your enjoyment, then do it. He is priced very well and the only guy that I could see keeping over him would be Minor and he is no sure thing. You also never mentioned Taveras but I think you have to keep him. If there is a player that can hit the ground running, it is Oscar and well worth keeping for the next few years.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:24 am 

thanks Mauddib

yeah, OT could be a very valuable keeper.

Really it boils down to 2 spots for 4 players

d'a, Oscar, Middlebrooks and Minor

Surprised you dont think I shoudlkeep Middlebrooks for $1. He was the one that was really bugging me to drop.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:32 am 

Cain isn't worth $29

Middlebrooks
Minor
Taveras

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:03 am 

I would agree to Cain, except that this league has a tendency to overpay for top pitchers. The top guys routinely go for 30+, and I dont wanna get stuck without an ace. I really like Cain this year, so I have him slightly higher on my board then most (I consider him the top of the 2nd tier due to his team being quality, pitchers park, high off the WS heroics, and durability).

Plus, I made a silly trade last year that I regret but brought me Cain... so I dont wanna consider that trade a total wash.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:00 am 

Minor is solid, and you have to keep middlebrooks for a dollar. Having your guy is fun, but inning is more fun and throwing away production is something you Will regret quickly. Catchers are very inconsistent with play time.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:28 am 

gbaked wrote:
thanks Mauddib

yeah, OT could be a very valuable keeper.

Really it boils down to 2 spots for 4 players

d'a, Oscar, Middlebrooks and Minor

Surprised you dont think I shoudlkeep Middlebrooks for $1. He was the one that was really bugging me to drop.

Just not a fan of Middlebrooks. Yeah he will probably go for more than a $1 at auction but I am not sure he will give you much production. I would rather have the better keepers which means letting Middlebrooks go. Unless you think you could deal him and another guy off for a better keeper. You don't need the 3B.