LOGIN

Some of these guys will be on waivers if you don’t draft them, so does that mean you shouldn’t draft them?  Actually, I got confused by my own question, but I think that means you should still draft them.  Or maybe it means you should pick them up.  Or maybe wait until someone else picks them up, then mock them relentlessly then when they drop them you pick them up.  Yeah, that feels right.  Either way, here’s some players that no one may own coming out of your (12 team) draft, but you’re likely to look at them at some point in the season.  In larger leagues, these guys will probably be last round steals. Chances are you’ll find yourself sucking your teeth upset I’m telling other people about these guys.  If you want your average run-of-the-mill 2010 fantasy baseball sleepers, they’re, uh, there.  Anyway, here’s some deep fantasy baseball sleepers:

Kris Medlen – He averaged over a K an inning last year.  Will start the year as an MR, barring an injury to someone… *cough* Jar Jar *cough*.  Medlen will get into the rotation shortly.  Meesa tinks Jar Jar won’t make it the whole year healthy.

Jeff Clement – He has catcher eligibility.  If you need to know more, you don’t know sheeeeeeeeeeet, Senator Clay Davis.

Brett Gardner – Brett Gardner went to a parochial high school.  They made everyone sit in alphabetical order.  He sat in the S row for SAGNOF.

Shaun Marcum – Will be returning from TJ surgery so your guess is as good as mine as what you’re going to get.  Think Liriano last year.  Now think about a lamb wearing sunglasses.  Now think about why you’re thinking about a lamb wearing sunglasses.  That’s weird.  Last round flier for Marcum?  Why not?

Brandon Wood – It’s now or never for Wood.  If it is indeed now, it could mean a 25/10 season.

Bud Norris – He probably won’t win more than 10 games and his control isn’t pretty.  His Ks, however, are.

Daniel Bard – 63 Ks in 49 1/3 innings last year.  Even if Bard doesn’t replace Papelbon in 2010 or turns out to be the Earl of Oxford, he’ll still have value.

David Freese – He hits .300 everywhere he goes (in the minors) and he has 20 homer power.  Before you scoff like you’re some Victorian bigwig, those numbers may not be that far off from Butler at a shallower position.