It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Dynasty Trade: Heyward for Strasburg
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:05 am 

10-Team, H2H Dynasty league with no salary cap (contracts range from 10 cents to $4). Usual categories, with OPS and QS added on either side.

I've got a very strong OF and could use pitching. Roster is as follows:

Mauer
A.Gonzalez
Kendrick
Castro
Wright
Trout
J. Upton
Stanton
Heyward
Bench: Ortiz, Ethier, Logan Morrison, Bonifacio + Profar and d'Arnaud

Yu Darvish
Chris Sale
Max Scherzer
Matt Garza
Brett Anderson
Derek Holland
Hiroki Kuroda
Josh Beckett
Tommy Hanson
Homer Baily
Dylan Bundy
+RP's

It's a weekly league, so I can play matchups fairly easily playing 5 SP pitchers every week. I might be able to pick up an older SP for this season in the upcoming auction draft (we keep 25 of 30) if their contract was too expensive, but for the most part the waiver wire is usually pretty thin for starters.

I've been talking with the owner of Strasburg, which might be shooting high but if I'm making a deal I don't want to make incremental improvements. Heyward seems about the right value to offer (unless you think I should move Profar). I'm hesitant to trade strong hitting in a long-term league like this when I have the right to keep them as long as I want (if I want to pay for them).

What do you think? Should I pursue Strasburg for this team, and if so would you move Heyward?

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Dynasty Trade: Heyward for Strasburg
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:22 am 

I think Strasburg is a great guy to pursue. I would move Profar pretty easily over Heyward. Heyward is still very young and I think he has as much potential as Profar if not more. Plus he has already done it at the major league level. So while I don't think Profar will struggle, we don't know that he won't either.

In this type of league, I would be pretty reluctant to deal any of Castro, Trout, Upton, Heyward or Stanton. And I would much rather move minor league players for major league players if you can.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:36 am 

Interesting.

If it came down to it and Heyward for Strasburg was my only option (without going to Upton, Castro, Stanton) would you do that?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:22 pm 

rastamon44 wrote:
Interesting.

If it came down to it and Heyward for Strasburg was my only option (without going to Upton, Castro, Stanton) would you do that?

I am not sure I would. I know Strasburg has a ton of hype and last year was pretty darn good especially for a guy coming off a huge injury. My problem is that I am not sure Strasburg stays injury free. I haven't researched it so I can't say if things have changed but when he came out there was a lot of people concerned about how he throws. Of course there isn't anyway to know if a guy is going to get hurt. But I would rather have the hitter if all things are equal and I think Strasburg and Heyward a pretty equal.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:53 pm 

I take Strasburg for Heyward.
I have Strasburg the #3 SP in a keeper.