All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Help with keeper trade
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:11 pm 

12 team h2h keeper league
keep 10 players
keep 8 minors
Categories: R, RBI, Total bases, OBP, SB
K, Quality starts plus wins(2 pts qs, 3 win), ERA, WHIP, Holds + Saves(2 pts hld, 3 save)
2 C, 1B, 2B, 3B, MI, CI, 5 OF, 1 U, 6 SP. 3 RP
Keepers:
Carlos Gonzalez, Ryan Zimmermann, Adrian Gonzalez,Hanley Ramirez, Matt Holliday, Edwin Encarnacion, Jose Bautista, Gallardo, Hamels, Sale, Salvator Perez.

Minors- Wil Myers, Jurickson Profar, Anthony Rendon, Mike Olt, Javier Baez, Dominic Brown, Jameson Taillon, Martin Perez, Jose Fernandez, Archie Bradley, Shelby Miller

That leaves me one too many major league keepers. I really like Perez in a 2 catcher keeper but can't justify keeping him over other options. I like Sale but think he is a huge injury risk and wanted to sell high. I was thinking of packaging him along with a keeper for McCutchen. I was just offered McCutchen and his first round and second round picks for Sale, Adrian Gonzalez and my 5th and 6th round picks. These picks are after everyone keeps 10 players. The picks I get are the 12th of first and 1st of second round. There are lots of good players after keepers are chosen and these extra early picks can really help with filling out pitching. Adrian has declined some the last 2 years but could be great. Sales delivery and workload increase scare me. Should I make the deal or cut Just cut Perez? Thanks

Post subject: Re: Help with keeper trade
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:47 am 

I like that deal. I rank McCutchen ahead of AGon so it comes down to what you think Sale is. I agree a lot with the worries you have and I would be fine dealing him. He is a SP so you never really know what is going to happen to them. In this deal I just love that you are getting a young McCutchen that you will be able to keep for years.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:45 am 

McCutchen owner unfortunately backed out. Would you do Sale,Adrian Gonzalez, 15th rd pick for Brett Lawrie and 1st rd pick(8th pick)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:24 am 

Cabby wrote:
McCutchen owner unfortunately backed out. Would you do Sale,Adrian Gonzalez, 15th rd pick for Brett Lawrie and 1st rd pick(8th pick)

Not sure I would do that. That is an overpay. Lawrie struggled last year so there is still some worry on just how he bounces back. I like the idea of acquiring Lawrie but not if you have to give up both of those guys. Seem to me that Sale should be close to enough and maybe you throw something minor in their as well. AGone alone is too much for Lawrie IMO.