Stanton Trade

You wanna trade who for who? Wow, that's awful/great/horrendous/beautiful/really terrible?
Birds on the Bat

Stanton Trade

Postby Birds on the Bat » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:33 pm

14-team keeper league with the batting cats as- runs, hits, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS  . I give Stanton and get Goldschmidt and Adam Jones. Im concerned I may be giving up the best hitter for years to come, Thoughts?
[size=85]12-Team H2H. 6 Keepers. Categories. (Batting)--Runs, Hits, HR, RBI, SB, AVG., OPS. (Pitching)--Wins, Saves, HLDs, K's, ERA, WHIP, K/9

C.
1B. Paul Goldschimdt
2B. Jose Altuve
3B.
SS.
OF. Giancarlo Stanton
OF. Adam Jones
OF.
UTIL.

SP.
SP.
RP.
RP.
P.
BN.
BN.
BN.
BN.
BN.
BN.
BN.

Mauddib

Re: Stanton Trade

Postby Mauddib » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:38 pm

How many keepers and who are your keepers? With out info I would probably take the deal although you are giving up the best player.

Birds on the Bat

Postby Birds on the Bat » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:17 pm

4 keepers. Other 3 being A-Gon, R. Zimmerman, and J. Rollins... Took over for an owner and clearly trying to rebuild

Mauddib

Postby Mauddib » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:00 am

Birds on the Bat wrote:4 keepers. Other 3 being A-Gon, R. Zimmerman, and J. Rollins... Took over for an owner and clearly trying to rebuild

Then I think I am behind the deal. Jones is a clear upgrade over Rollins. I will say of the four keepers you currently have, Stanton would have been the last one would want to deal. He is the youngest and has the most upside (or on par with AGon if he gets back to what he did a few years ago). Any chance you can trade off AGon/Zimm for a similar package?

Birds on the Bat

Postby Birds on the Bat » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:07 pm

He only wants Stanton. But he now has added my pick of Hosmer, Freeman, or Wieters to the original offer.

Nicky Numbnuts

Postby Nicky Numbnuts » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:10 am

I wouldnt do it. Stanton is too young and valuable for that package. Adding a 3rd player doesnt help because you wouldnt keep any of those guys over Agon and Zim. I can see wanting to upgrade Rollins, but you should be able to do better than that.
You go there once, you'll be there twice.

daver

Postby daver » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:22 pm

I would not make that deal in a long term keeper league. Stanton has the future upside of a Top 5 first round pick. Goldschmidt and Jones and very nice pieces, but Stanton could be the cornerstone of your future.

Return to “Baseball - Trade Talk”