All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Help with Keepers and possible trade
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:23 pm 

12 team h2h keeper league
keep 10 players
keep 8 minors
Categories: R, RBI, Total bases, OBP, SB
K, Quality starts plus wins(2 pts qs, 3 win), ERA, WHIP, Holds + Saves(2 pts hld, 3 save)
2 C, 1B, 2B, 3B, MI, CI, 5 OF, 1 U, 6 SP. 3 RP
No brainer Keepers:
Carlos Gonzalez, Ryan Zimmermann, Hanley Ramirez, Matt Holliday, Edwin Encarnacion, Jose Bautista, Gallardo, Hamels, Sale

That leaves me with one of the following:
Wilin Rosario, Alexei Ramirez, Jason Werth, Chris Young(OAK), JJ Putz, Addison Reed, Anibal Sanchez, Kenley Jansen, Neftali Feliz

Minors- Wil Myers, Jurickson Profar, Anthony Rendon, Mike Olt, Javier Baez, Dominic Brown, Jameson Taillon, Martin Perez, Jose Fernandez, Archie Bradley, Shelby Miller

One of my league mates wants Matt Holliday and Shelby Miller. He is wiling to give up his 1st and 4th round picks along with Felix Hernandez for Matt Holliday and Shelby Miller and my 7th and 10th round picks. My pitching is what killed me in the playoffs last year. Matt holliday is getting older and we can keep players as long as we want and King Felix is very young. Shelby Miller may pan out but Felix is the sure thing. I also have a surplus of minor pitching prospects. Losing Matt Hollidays OBP will hurt but I think it is worth it. Everyone can keep 10 players so a first round pick it like a round 13 pick. Getting a surplus of early picks usually leads to success. Of the 5 years the league has been in existence the guy who has won it 3 times has always traded for early picks in the draft. Make the trade? Also, who should my last keeper be?
thanks

Post subject: Re: Help with Keepers and possible trade
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:25 pm 

Don't do the trade, keep Wil Myers... If it's one from all of those guys below "One of..."

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:33 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

i would keep willin or jansen personally, probably in that order

also I'd take FHer and the picks

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:08 am 

Keep Rosario. As for the trade, I could see either side of things. I would probably hang tight with Holiday though. Some worries about Felix is his fastball velocity has been in steady decline. When he first hit the majors he was hitting 96 and now he is at 92. He still gets the strikeouts and all that so probably not something to really worry about unless it continues to fall.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:36 pm 

Hold on

Quote:
Some worries about Felix is his fastball velocity has been in steady decline. When he first hit the majors he was hitting 96 and now he is at 92.

Let's be honest here. The reason for the "worries" is not Felix's arm. It's Felix's team. He doesn't get Wins. His K, ERA and WHIP more than offset that. He was hitting 96, but he can STILL hit 100. He's turned into a pitcher, not a thrower. He's easily a top-5 pitcher.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:57 pm 

apoxonbothyourhouses wrote:
Hold on

Quote:
Some worries about Felix is his fastball velocity has been in steady decline. When he first hit the majors he was hitting 96 and now he is at 92.

Let's be honest here. The reason for the "worries" is not Felix's arm. It's Felix's team. He doesn't get Wins. His K, ERA and WHIP more than offset that. He was hitting 96, but he can STILL hit 100. He's turned into a pitcher, not a thrower. He's easily a top-5 pitcher.

No the worry is that he his fastball has dropped every year since he hit the majors. I don't care about the team (although it will be interesting to see if the new fences in Seattle effect him.) anytime you have a pitcher with that kind of trend, it should raise an eyebrow. And again, not something really to worry about unless it continues to fall. If he his fastball starts averaging in the upper 80's, yeah I will be selling like crazy until then it is just something to keep in mind.