It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: RB Shituation - Who to start!?!?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:53 am 

ESPN standard, non-ppr scoring. Thankfully, I only need to choose one out of this group. Who is the safest play here and gives me the best chance at 5-10 points? I don't need a homerun, just a solid few points with the chance of a TD.

Bryce Brown - Washington (Does he get carries if McCoy plays?)
LeSean McCoy - Washington (questionnable, how many snaps will he get if he plays?)
Montell Owens - New England
Bilal Powell - San Diego aka Whale's Vagina

Mike Tolbert and Curtis Brinkley are also available on waivers...

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: RB Shituation - Who to start!?!?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:09 am 

Owens is the safest player in terms of snaps but honestly...Ugh. I'd grab Curtis and hope he totes the ball a lot. He has a great matchup.

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:24 am 

I went ahead and grabbed Brinkley just in case. Do you like the 'Skins' D against the Eagles and is Bryce Brown the guy to go to if McCoy doesn't suit up? Or has Brown shown his true colors these past few weeks with the lack of production and fumbles?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:24 pm 

They've already said McCoy is starting this week. Brown might have value but I wouldn't be starting him.

I don't see the Redskins defense being a pickup. Eagles/Foles has faired decentlly over the last few weeks. Redskins haven't been winning because of the defensive side of the ball.

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:45 pm 

Thanks for the update, it is greatly appreciated! I hadn't seen that McCoy is going to go until now. What are your thoughts about McCoy performing enough to be worthy of a start over my other options or do you still feel Owens is safest while Brinkley has the most upside? I totally agree that Brown is now no longer relevant.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:52 pm 

Rusty_Griswald wrote:
Thanks for the update, it is greatly appreciated! I hadn't seen that McCoy is going to go until now. What are your thoughts about McCoy performing enough to be worthy of a start over my other options or do you still feel Owens is safest while Brinkley has the most upside? I totally agree that Brown is now no longer relevant.

I'd put McCoy in the 'highest upside' category over Brinkley at this point with Owens still being the safest. Obviously it's hard to trust a guy who hasn't played in a while but he was a first round draft pick for a reason. I'd play him over Owens, personally.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:12 pm 

Makes sense to me. Not to mention, I'll kick my own ass if I don't start McCoy and he does well. Thanks again for all the insight, you guys rock!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:19 pm 

Rusty_Griswald wrote:
Makes sense to me. Not to mention, I'll kick my own ass if I don't start McCoy and he does well. Thanks again for all the insight, you guys rock!

Hey, no problem and I hear ya about kicking your own arse. Rather know you put the best guys out there than overthought it and went with a scrub.