It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Doug Martin for DeMarco Murray
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:10 pm 

I have been offered DeMarco Murray for Doug Martin.

8 person, 3 player keeper league. The playoffs for this league are set for Week 15 and 16
Doug Martin plays @NO week 15, and STL week 16.
DeMarco Murray plays PIT week 15, NO week 16.

I am in first place and will definitely make the playoffs, so i am most concerned with how this trade would impact week 15 and week 16. Also, it seems that DeMarco Murray would have a higher chance of being a good keeper for next season, but maybe that is just me.

All feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Doug Martin for DeMarco Murray
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:56 pm 

Hrm, not really sure about the reasoning about Murray being the better keeper choice between the two. Two seasons into his career and he's had a lingering injury in each of them. Couple that with the fact of pace for the year (Murray on pace for 1400 total yards and 3-5 TDs vs Martin on pace for 1800 and 7-9 TDs), I'm not really certain why you're higher on Murray than on Martin. Would prefer Doug.

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:06 pm 

Ok. Thanks for your feedback Sky. That makes sense. I think im a little too high on Murray simply because i had him last year.

Also, another quick question. What are your thoughts on Andre Johnson? He's been a dud so far this season so i was wondering if you think buying low on him would be a good idea, or whether his production for the rest of the season will be pretty bland since Houston continues to focus on a run heavy offense

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:42 pm 

His injury history coupled with Houston's offensive game plan had me place him 8th at WR in my original rankings so I'm not really high on him. Depends on what you'd have to give for him. Don't think there's huge upside there, though.

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.