Antonio Brown and Darren Sproles

Is Joe Blow enough for Joe Schmo?
jmc94

Antonio Brown and Darren Sproles

Postby jmc94 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:16 am

12 team non-PPR league, 17 players per team, 6 points for any TD, 1 point per 10 yards receiving or rushing. I'm in need of receiving help. Should I trade Sproles for Antonio Brown? I feel as though I have some RB depth, but am worried about Ridley losing carries. Any help is much appreciated.
My team:

QB: P. Rivers
WR: Julio Jones
WR: D. Bryant
WR: Malcolm Floyd
RB: A Foster
RB: J Charles
TE: K Rudolph
Flex: S Ridley (or D Sproles)
K: Tynes
DEF: Seattle
Bench:
QB C Palmer
WR N Washington
WR D Avery
RB: Sproles (or Ridley)
RB: R Jennings
RB: B Tate
RB: D Richardson

Sky

Re: Antonio Brown and Darren Sproles

Postby Sky » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:43 pm

jmc94 wrote:12 team non-PPR league, 17 players per team, 6 points for any TD, 1 point per 10 yards receiving or rushing. I'm in need of receiving help. Should I trade Sproles for Antonio Brown? I feel as though I have some RB depth, but am worried about Ridley losing carries. Any help is much appreciated.
My team:

QB: P. Rivers
WR: Julio Jones
WR: D. Bryant
WR: Malcolm Floyd
RB: A Foster
RB: J Charles
TE: K Rudolph
Flex: S Ridley (or D Sproles)
K: Tynes
DEF: Seattle
Bench:
QB C Palmer
WR N Washington
WR D Avery
RB: Sproles (or Ridley)
RB: R Jennings
RB: B Tate
RB: D Richardson

Not really seeing a good reason for you to lose RB depth to gain WR depth there. Your team looks fine to me.
Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

jmc94

Postby jmc94 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:42 pm

Thanks. I guess my thought process was Brown is a pretty good upgrade from Floyd and Sproles doesn't get points sitting on the bench. Probably too early to forgo depth, though. Is there a certain point or week when depth has to be sacrificed in order to upgrade the starting lineup?

Sky

Postby Sky » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:50 am

jmc94 wrote:Thanks. I guess my thought process was Brown is a pretty good upgrade from Floyd and Sproles doesn't get points sitting on the bench. Probably too early to forgo depth, though. Is there a certain point or week when depth has to be sacrificed in order to upgrade the starting lineup?

When it comes to RB depth, it's rare that I'd sacrifice it...period. Charles & Foster both have a sketch injury history. All it takes is one of them to go down and you'll be happy you have those wasted points on your bench.
Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

Return to “Football - Trade Talk”