It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: 10 team league question
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:05 am 

You'll be wasting your time with this guy's team. A.J. Green would be the player I want, but odds are Percy would have to be traded. Try to find a team that has weak RBs or their RBs are injured. Then, you'll have the leverage in the deals. I could better help you if you would be inclined to post your league's yahoo link.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:06 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/688097

Btw he is willing to trade Green if i include Hernandez in some type of deal.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:00 am 

I'll give you my views if I was manning your team. Firstly, I wouldn't be holding onto two TEs in your league when there are only 10 teams. I wouldn't even value my TE unless it was Gronk or Graham. Your league has Fred Davis, Greg Olsen, Scott Chandler, Martellus Bennett, and Brandon Myers as free agents. These are all serviceable TE that could make good/decent replacements.

Secondly, I don't view Andre Johnson in the same light as others. Outside of two years with posting 1500+ yard seasons his nine year career isn't one of stellar stats. Not once has he posted a double digit TD season. This season won't be any different with him currently on pace for a 955 yards and 5 TDs. Those are the numbers of a #3 WR on a depth chart of a decent passing offense. He's only a sexy name for people to rosterbate to. Very easy for me to trade off my team.

So, if I owned your team I would offer Andre Johnson, Aaron Hernandez, and Jordy Nelson for A.J. Green. Then pick-up Andrew Hawkins to replace Andre's stats and Greg Olsen to replace Hernandez's stats. A.J. Green is the highest ranked WR in your league and will be an upgrade over Jordy. After that, I would drop Owen Daniels & Carson Palmer and pick-up Joe Flacco and who every else you like on your free agent list.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:09 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

You don't think that's a wee bit too much for Green?

EDIT: Just traded Chris Johnson for Graham. Thanks Bufalo D.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:05 pm 

View these stat lines:

Player 1: 26 receptions / 357 yards / 3 TDs

Player 2: 25 receptions / 358 yards / 2 TDs

Pretty pathetic stat lines for 7 weeks of football. Player 1 is Owen Daniels, a player you just dropped for a kicker. Player 2 is Andre Johnson. The player you think would be too much to give in a trade for A.J. Green.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:13 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Check the link now, i got Green and Graham. What do you think now.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:51 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Mate, i already had an owner complain about the trade, do you suggest making a post explaining my reasons? Or just leave it be.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:14 pm 

I can't see the trades until they're processed. If it is just one guy complaining I wouldn't care. If a few more complain I would write a short explanation.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:34 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

All done mate, hopefully it's not to late to get out of a 2-5 hole.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:21 am 

I think you'll start to see a climb in the rankings. You have a very dangerous team. You have: Top 5 ranked QB, two WRs within the top 3, top 3 RB, and a superstar TE. Your QB's bye week just happened and Graham should return soon. Then, both your Jennings pickups were outstanding. Keep a eye on Howling. I think Howling is still there because he faces the 9ers this week, but the match-ups after that aren't too bad. He won't be a starter on your team, but could be trade bait down the line. Your team is only lacking a strong DEF option.

Just look at your league from this viewpoint: You only need to be in the top 4 for the playoffs. You're only one win behind the 4th place team and your points scored is considerably higher than most teams. That will help you for tie-breakers.