It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: So how did everyone go?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:30 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Positions and amount of teams in leagues, who placed where?

Grey got me to:
1st / 16 in a highly competitive league by 12 points.
1st / 11 in a reasonable league by 15 points.

Thanks G Money!

C) Arencibia
1B) Rizzo
2B) Uggla
3B) Machado
SS) Andrus
OF) McCutchen
OF) A. Jones
OF) Choo
UTIL) Jennings
B) Hosmer

SP) Cain, Zimmermann, Latos, Porcello, Milone, Wheeler, Tillman, Gee, Erasmo Ramirez.
RP) Holland, Veras, Bell

Post subject: Re: So how did everyone go?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:09 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I got two championships bot 12 team h2h, 3rd place in my RCL, and 9 out of 11 in my long term keeper, it's my first year and I inherited a shitty team but next year it's going to rock based on the prospects etc I've picked up using razzball.com

whew! :mrgreen:

my overall winnings= ~300 dollars which averages out to just about 5 cents an hour

I'm not quitting my day job just yet...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:35 am 

greeny23 wrote:
Positions and amount of teams in leagues, who placed where?

Grey got me to:
1st / 16 in a highly competitive league by 12 points.
1st / 11 in a reasonable league by 15 points.

Thanks G Money!

Nice, congrats!

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:36 am 

sockdeuce wrote:
I got two championships bot 12 team h2h, 3rd place in my RCL, and 9 out of 11 in my long term keeper, it's my first year and I inherited a shitty team but next year it's going to rock based on the prospects etc I've picked up using razzball.com

whew! :mrgreen:

my overall winnings= ~300 dollars which averages out to just about 5 cents an hour

I'm not quitting my day job just yet...

Ha! Awesome, congrats!

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:04 am 

I had an awesome year, thanks to Grey and Razzball.

1/10 in my Yahoo H2H league Final match up won 15-9
1/12 in my ESPN H2H points league Final match up won 802-746 and could have been much worse! I benched Kershaw, Morrow, Bailey, and Wood the last day because my lead was so big. They combined for 98 points Wednesday while on my bench.

Yahoo 10 Team H2H Daily Roster includes 4 SPs, 3 RPs, 3 OFs
Hitting - OBP, SLG, HR, RBI, SB, R
Pitching - QS, IP, SV, ERA, WHIP, K/9
C - Lucroy
1B - J Abreu
2B - Altuve
SS - Andrus
3B - Beltre
OF - A Jones
OF - Blackmon
OF - A Gordon
UTI - J Reyes
BN - X Bogaerts
SP - Strasburg, Cobb, Kershaw, Kluber
RP - Storen, Street, Rodney
BN - Z. Wheeler
BN - Carrasco
BN - Y Ventura
BN - Votto (DL)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:14 am 

Sweet.... Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:43 pm 

i won in a moderately competetive 10 team shallow head to...2nd year in a row. 2 year playing, and 2nd year reading razzball! thanks! i gotta buy yer book now.

more competetive roto league i finished in the middle...kinda like h2h better especially when i know the people (who owned the league all year until the last 2 weeks).

thanks, thanks...i asked a zillion questions...always got an answer.

site is great...perfect blend of baseball knowledge and my kinda humor.

how does one get into a rcl?

--dave

C-B. Mccann
1B -Miggy Cabs
2B -K-Wong
3B - Evan Longoria
SS- Asdrubal Cabrera
OF-Denard Span
OF Starling Marte
OF Leonys Martin
UT Chris Carter
UT Dustin Ackley
BN Trevor Plouffe
NAStarlin Castro
r,h,avg, hr, steals, rbi
-------------
SP David Price
SP Adam Wainright
SP Cory Kluber
P Mike Fiers
P Carlos Carrasco
RP Fernando Rodney
RP Francisco Rodriguez
P Jake Odorizzzi
P. S. Casilla
DL Ca$hner
H2H 12 team
ops, ip, qs, era, sv, whip

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:57 pm 

No problem, congrats! The RCL signups are in the beginning of February...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:46 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I was first in my main league (won by a single point on the last day!), which is the only one I really care about (since it's against friends). It's a 13-team, mixed league with very shallow benches, which makes it difficult to handle multiple injuries (such as, say, when Votto (pick 1) and Longoria (pick 2) are out!). That's my second championship in that league and caps a nice 5-year run for me: 2nd (by 1 point!), 8th, 1st, 3rd, 1st.

I crapdoodled my RCL league (think I was 10th out of 12), as per usual. I religiously use an anti-Grey strategy in RCL leagues, figuring it's the best way to combat people who are Razzball drones, but this strategy has never worked for me. Maybe it's time to change it up!

I joined a new league this year that is run by a Razzball aficionado. 14-team, mixed league with Holds and OBP added to the usual 5x5 mix. I finished 4th, just out of the money, hurt by a 13th place finish in Holds. Need to account for that category next year in the draft. I also came in about 80 innings below the IP cap, which was a big mistake and probably cost me a few points. Need to manage that better next year.

Fourth league was also a new one for me. H2H league, which is the first time I've played in such a league. Still don't like H2H format, but this league has some poker buddies that aren't in any of my other leagues, so I place a little bit of importance on it for bragging rights if nothing else. League is 12-team and uses Quality Starts stat instead of Wins. I placed 5th, but finished 3rd during the regular season. H2H playoffs are stupid. :)

So overall, not too great, but winning my main league makes up for failures elsewhere. With a year's experience under my belt in the new leagues I joined, I expect to do better next year. And I promise, I am gonna take down an RCL league one of these days!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:22 am 

Nice... And thanks for the donation, much appreciado!