It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Need help with keeper lineup for a last push?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:55 pm 

Attachment:
H2H_Baseball.png
H2H_Baseball.png [ 5.01 KiB | Viewed 528 times ]

I'm having a bad week..at a bad time..in the finals...yahoo league...ending Oct. 3...losing 9-2...haven't used my adds yet...have 6 adds left...planning on cutting pitchers after their last starts.

I can keep 15 players..and have a multitude to keep..I want to hold Rizzo and Hosmer..likely keeping Hosmer..will decide next March.

I was planning on keeping Moustakas and Beltre..but Moose is not helping too much lately...

...Grey...should I cut Moustakas loose?...what are you expecting from him next year and for the future?

C - empty (will pick up a hot catcher when ready)
1B - E. Hosmer
2B - J. Kipnis
SS - T. Tulowitzki
3B - A. Beltre
OF - M. Trout, A. McCutchen, J. Upton
UTIL - G. Stanton, A. Rizzo, B. Harper, empty slot

PITCHERS: SP - S. Strasburg, A. Wainwright, G. Gonzalez, H. Iwakuma, S. Miller, K. Medlen, H. Ryu, M. Garza, A. Cobb, H. Bailey, R. Porcello, M. Estrada, W. Peralta, S. Gray, E. Ramirez
RP - A. Chapman, A. Reed, J. Benoit
N/A slot: M. Pineda. DL - C. Maybin, M. Moore

Post subject: Re: Need help with keeper lineup for a last push?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:30 pm 

I wouldn't cut Moustakas... He could be a top five 3rd baseman next year...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:21 pm 

OK...thanks...

...I'll have a few more questions later...depending on how my team's night goes...

1B - E. Hosmer
2B - J. Kipnis
SS - T. Tulowitzki
3B - A. Beltre

PITCHERS: SP - S. Strasburg, A. Wainwright, G. Gonzalez, H. Iwakuma, S. Miller, K. Medlen, H. Ryu, M. Garza, A. Cobb, H. Bailey, R. Porcello, M. Estrada, W. Peralta, S. Gray, E. Ramirez

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:17 pm 

I ended up dropping Kenley "Mattingly-is-more-about-my-heart-than-I-am" Jansen for Chris Davis...wanted to add Davis earlier...but I needed the rest of my hitting to come around to decide whether to focus on pitching or hitting...anyway...I didn't like Buchholz's start at Yankee Stadium on Monday vs. CC...I think the Yankees will be more primed to win and Clay won't get the run support.

Anyway...I've turned things around as of 5:00 pm (EST) today:
Attachment:
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png [ 5.49 KiB | Viewed 497 times ]

...and I still get Trout and Beltre for the 2nd game of a DH tonight ;o)

1B - E. Hosmer
2B - J. Kipnis
SS - T. Tulowitzki
3B - A. Beltre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:43 pm 

Grey...

I have Garcia going Monday, Gio/Haren/Carpenter/Harrison Tuesday, and Lee/Wainwright on Wednesday.

My opponent has CC/Arroyo/Maholm/J. Johnson Monday, Fister/Iwakuma Tuesday, and Buehrle, Gallardo, Griffin, Morrow Wednesday.

I really that some SPs might be scratched, like Gio.

Here is a list of available SPs for Monday:
Attachment:
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_3.png [ 17.17 KiB | Viewed 492 times ]

I'm thinking that John Lannan might be the only playable guy, on here...I want to protect my ERA, WHIP leads...

I have 4 more adds for the next 3 days...I'd rather save them for near the end to push for Saves, in case of injury...

..do you think Lannan could be a safe play vs. PHI (to clinch the division)...or anyone else on the list...I'd rather forego the Win or QS...don't want to blow up my ERA..
thoughts

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:14 pm 

I wouldn't start any of these, wouldn't touch Lannan... Save your moves, see how Monday plays out...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:15 pm 

thanks man!

Odds are my opponent is lining up at least one SP change first thing Monday morning...we can only add players to our roster for the following day.

Do you like any of the following adds over another?

Beside each is their Streamonator ranking which I use guide often:

TUESDAY
Masterson (CLE) vs. CHW (Peavy) 110 (fn guy is totally unreliable...doubt I would take him even if you said so Grey...lol)
Correira (PIT) vs. ATL (Hanson) 103 (pitching well lately)
Gonzalez (BAL) @ TAM (vs. Shields) 92 (has been pretty solid)

Wednesday
Mendoza (KC) vs. DET (Scherzer??Verlander??) 107
Huff (CLE) vs. CHW (Floyd) 107

I'd like to drop Erasmo today and pick up Miguel Gonzalez for Tue...then wait on Chris Tillman who's available...word is that Baltimore will use him on Wed if they need to otherwise they are keeping him for the Wildcard playoff game?

I think my opponent may pick up Miguel tomorrow...he's down to 2 adds to my 4...do you like anyone above more than Miguel...if not...pick up Miguel or wait for Monday?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:56 pm 

Correia, Miguel...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:51 am 

Attachment:
Screenshot_5.png
Screenshot_5.png [ 5.38 KiB | Viewed 460 times ]

I'm leading still...thank God I dropped Buchholz vs. the Yankees...must have had a little Grey on my shoulder telling me to do it...8 ER!!! lol

I lose Gio's start today...went with Miguel Gonzalez over Correia because at the time didn't know if Braves would still be in contention...now have M. Gonzalez, Haren, Harrison, Carpenter today...Lee and Wainwright (if he pitches) tomorrow.

Opponent has Phelps, Fister, Iwakuma today...Gallardo (if he pitches), Griffin, Morrow tomorrow...he's used all of his adds...and I have 3 left!!

I'll wait on my 3 after the dust settles today...will go with Tillman (if Baltimore is still in the division hunt tomorrow)..and then we'll see

will probably ask my last questions tonight Grey..thanks

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:42 pm 

No problem... Good luck!