It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Chris Johnson Owner Has Gone Mad!!!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:56 am 

Just got offered Reggie Wayne and CKNegative2K for Fred Jackson in a 12 team, 1 pt ppr league. I somehow got him to counter this after I declined CJ/Wayne for FJax/Lloyd (lol desperation). The thing is I think I still may have to decline.

QB: Ryan
TE: Graham
RB: Lynch, F Jackson
WR: Megatron, Welker, Lloyd (my starting flex)

Bench
RB: Leshoure, Powell, Ingram, K Smith
WR: Titus Young, Hankerson

So basically Wayne does very little for my team since he pretty much just rots on my bench, unless I can quickly flip him or one of the NE receivers for a RB. I then get burdened with having to start Leshoure every week unless CJ comes alive. My team is 3-0 and this is an extremely soft league, so I really hate rocking the boat too much (esp since it makes my team worse in the short term). Still, I'm having such a hard time saying no to this offer from a sheer value perspective. Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Chris Johnson Owner Has Gone Mad!!!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:23 pm 

Curtis.E.Bear wrote:
Just got offered Reggie Wayne and CKNegative2K for Fred Jackson in a 12 team, 1 pt ppr league. I somehow got him to counter this after I declined CJ/Wayne for FJax/Lloyd (lol desperation). The thing is I think I still may have to decline.

QB: Ryan
TE: Graham
RB: Lynch, F Jackson
WR: Megatron, Welker, Lloyd (my starting flex)

Bench
RB: Leshoure, Powell, Ingram, K Smith
WR: Titus Young, Hankerson

So basically Wayne does very little for my team since he pretty much just rots on my bench, unless I can quickly flip him or one of the NE receivers for a RB. I then get burdened with having to start Leshoure every week unless CJ comes alive. My team is 3-0 and this is an extremely soft league, so I really hate rocking the boat too much (esp since it makes my team worse in the short term). Still, I'm having such a hard time saying no to this offer from a sheer value perspective. Thoughts?

Have to agree with you. I wouldn't make the trade despite the value. Doesn't work for your team.

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:27 pm 

One owner in my league has Forte/Bush, Murray, Martin, and Jacquizz. I'm trying to goat him into giving me Murray for Lloyd. If he declines, would you do it for Martin? If I can get the 2 trades together, I think it turns into a coup for me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:40 pm 

Curtis.E.Bear wrote:
One owner in my league has Forte/Bush, Murray, Martin, and Jacquizz. I'm trying to goat him into giving me Murray for Lloyd. If he declines, would you do it for Martin? If I can get the 2 trades together, I think it turns into a coup for me.

Yeah, if you only start 2 WR and have a FLEX, I'd like it to be a WR. Trade should be good for you either way. Go Goad him ;)

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:48 pm 

Shit it's "goad"?!?!?!? I've been saying "goat" all these years. FML!

On a lighter note, I just realized that's probably the last time anyone ever uses the word "GOAT" in the same sentence as a reference to Chris Johnson again. So there's that...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:56 pm 

Curtis.E.Bear wrote:

On a lighter note, I just realized that's probably the last time anyone ever uses the word "GOAT" in the same sentence as a reference to Chris Johnson again. So there's that...

Ha! If it makes you feel any better, it took me forever to realize it was 'Alzheimer's' and not 'Old Timers'. I always figured it was German for it and people were just being fancy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:02 pm 

Sky wrote:
Curtis.E.Bear wrote:

Ha! If it makes you feel any better, it took me forever to realize it was 'Alzheimer's' and not 'Old Timers'. I always figured it was German for it and people were just being fancy.

Let's just nip this in the butt: I could care less if it's pronounced Alzheimer's or Old Timers. I know I may sound like a Pre-Madonna with my arrogance, but I can be very caring two. I once LITERALLY cried my eyes out when I realized that my grandpa took me to Mets games as a kid and not Yankee games causing me to grow up as a Mets fan. For all intensive purposes, I understand that he took me to Shea Stadium because it was closer, cheaper, and in a far more gentrified neighborhood than the Bronx. But it's a doggy dog world out there. Why couldn't he have just taken me to Yankee Stadium so I could've understood what it's like to root for a winning team!?!? Maybe he does have Old Timers Disease...

Ok but seriously. CJ1.4YPC owner got cold feet when he read FJax's practice report today. I still ended up making a trade with him. I traded Mikel Leshoure for Reggie Wayne straight up. I then traded Brandon Lloyd and Bilal Powell for Doug Martin. So ultimately my team looks like this:

RB: Lynch, FJax, Martin
WR: Megatron, Welker, Wayne

Still I think I made out nicely here, although not quite as good as the first deal.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:23 pm 

Curtis.E.Bear wrote:
Sky wrote:
Curtis.E.Bear wrote:

Let's just nip this in the butt: I could care less if it's pronounced Alzheimer's or Old Timers. I know I may sound like a Pre-Madonna with my arrogance, but I can be very caring two. I once LITERALLY cried my eyes out when I realized that my grandpa took me to Mets games as a kid and not Yankee games causing me to grow up as a Mets fan. For all intensive purposes, I understand that he took me to Shea Stadium because it was closer, cheaper, and in a far more gentrified neighborhood than the Bronx. But it's a doggy dog world out there. Why couldn't he have just taken me to Yankee Stadium so I could've understood what it's like to root for a winning team!?!? Maybe he does have Old Timers Disease...

Ok but seriously. CJ1.4YPC owner got cold feet when he read FJax's practice report today. I still ended up making a trade with him. I traded Mikel Leshoure for Reggie Wayne straight up. I then traded Brandon Lloyd and Bilal Powell for Doug Martin. So ultimately my team looks like this:

RB: Lynch, FJax, Martin
WR: Megatron, Welker, Wayne

Still I think I made out nicely here, although not quite as good as the first deal.

Ha, if it's close by and he can remember how to walk there...well, at least he's teaching you futility if he's trying to make you a Mets fan. I don't know if that helps in life, but at least you learned something, right?

RB/WR look good to me. Don't mind Wayne as a WR3