It is currently Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Any good RBs to Buy Low on??
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:31 pm 

I saw a few weeks ago that DeMarco Murray was a Sell, and am steering clear of him (and probably Chris Johnson too).....but what about Trent Richardson?? Are there any other RBs that I should buy low on?? I would be interested in moving Alfred Morris, who, although he is doing well (and the blog says is "apparently good"), has me sacred as a Mike Shanahan RB....I'd also probably be interested in moving one of my TE's (Vernon Davis or Kyle Rudolph) and maybe Stephan Ridley (for a RB1)......Matthew Stafford's recent minor leg injury has me worried too.

What about RBs like, Jamaal Charles (big game this weekend), Frank Gore (I'd have a constant fear of him getting injured), Shonn Green (Yuck!), Fred Jackson (injured), Mikel LeShoure.....

Or, should I package some of my aforementioned TE's and RBs for Tier 1 & Tier 2 guys like Arian Foster, MJD, Run DMC, Matt Forte, Marshawn Lynch, Reggie Bush, etc.....

C: Salvador Perez SP: Matt Moore
1B: Paul Goldschmidt SP: Yovani Gallardo
2B: Ian Kinsler SP: Jake Peavy
3B: Pablo Sandoval SP: Jonathan Niese
SS: Asdrubal Cabrera SP: Jeff Samardzija
OF: Lorenzo Cain RP: Heath Bell
OF: Justin Upton RP: Glen Perkins
OF: Shin-Soo Choo P: Jim Henderson
UTIL: Evan Gattis P: Edward Mujica
BN: Ike Davis BN: Jarrod Parker
DL: Giancarlo Stanton BN: Zach Wheeler

CBSSports 12-team, H2H keeper league, PPR
Must start at least 1 rookie, Can't start 2 QBs, $5 add/drops
STARTERS & BENCH
QB: Matthew Stafford QB: Matt Barkley
RB: Stephan Ridley RB: Ryan Williams
RB: BenJarvus Green-Ellis WR: Denarius Moore
WR: A.J. Green QB: Jay Cutler
WR: Andre Johnson FLEX/RB: Toby Gerhart
TE: Vernon Davis FLEX/TE: Kyle Rudolph
FLEX: Alfred Morris DST: Raiders
DST: Houston Texans K: Jay Feely
K: Dan Bailey

Post subject: Re: Any good RBs to Buy Low on??
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:03 pm 

Lot going on in here. Gonna do my best.

RBs to buy low on: All the guys you mentioned weren't a buy low. F-Jax is a maybe buy low. Depends if the owner knows he's either due back this week or next. Same goes for Ahmad Bradshaw who shouldn't miss much more time. Outside that, I wouldn't say there are glaring opportunities at this time.

Alfred Morris is a sell high in my book. Stevan Ridley looks like a solid RB2 to me. I'd be surprised if you got an RB1 out of him via trade, however.

You can try a package deal of TE/RB for an elite running back but I wouldn't think you'd get what you're looking for.

I think there's a good reason for concern regarding Stafford but I don't know what you're getting for him after his three games this season. Probably not what you'd need.

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:24 pm 

Sorry about that ramble....I just read it now, and thank you for your response. So, Trent Richardson wouldn't be a Buy Low guy?? Or, is he someone that I shouldn't be Buying at all?? Rookies have unpredictable seasons, but my league has a rule that a rookie must be in the starting lineup every week. I'm hoping to package Morris and a TE for Richardson & a scrub. Also, someone offered me a trade involving Kyle Rudolph for Shonn Green, straight up...but, he's an unattractive option for me.

Where does the line between RB1 & RB2 get drawn?? Like, if I looked at your Top 20 RBs for 2012 list, would the line come somewhere after Matt Forte and everyone below is a RB2 or a scrub?? Also, are there any updated projections for these RBs?? I know that guys like Murray and CJ2K aren't exactly good Buy Lows right now....

Thanks again for everything....and it looks like the refs on strike should ask for a HUGE pay raise after tonight's game....Packers just got robbed!! We need the old refs back BAD!!!

C: Salvador Perez SP: Matt Moore
1B: Paul Goldschmidt SP: Yovani Gallardo
2B: Ian Kinsler SP: Jake Peavy
3B: Pablo Sandoval SP: Jonathan Niese
SS: Asdrubal Cabrera SP: Jeff Samardzija
OF: Lorenzo Cain RP: Heath Bell
OF: Justin Upton RP: Glen Perkins
OF: Shin-Soo Choo P: Jim Henderson
UTIL: Evan Gattis P: Edward Mujica
BN: Ike Davis BN: Jarrod Parker
DL: Giancarlo Stanton BN: Zach Wheeler

CBSSports 12-team, H2H keeper league, PPR
Must start at least 1 rookie, Can't start 2 QBs, $5 add/drops
STARTERS & BENCH
QB: Matthew Stafford QB: Matt Barkley
RB: Stephan Ridley RB: Ryan Williams
RB: BenJarvus Green-Ellis WR: Denarius Moore
WR: A.J. Green QB: Jay Cutler
WR: Andre Johnson FLEX/RB: Toby Gerhart
TE: Vernon Davis FLEX/TE: Kyle Rudolph
FLEX: Alfred Morris DST: Raiders
DST: Houston Texans K: Jay Feely
K: Dan Bailey

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:02 am 

Trent came into the draft ranked 26th and is now ranked 16th according to yahoo. Don't see how he could be a buy low. You asked about buy low, not whether to buy into him at all initially so yeah, he's a buy but you have to pay for what he's worth right now.

As much as we'd like to give weekly revisions to stats, we can't really do that. Your RB1s right now - in no particular order - are going to still be the big 3/MJD/AP/Reggie Bush/Lynch/DMC/Murray/Richardson with Charles/Mathews/Forte on the edge of it.

Yeah, hopefully that was the straw that broke the camel's back. Never thought I'd care so much about the zebras.

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.