It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: PPR Question! Hello Sky!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:48 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Hello! Hope all is good, i am starting my preparation for my yearly PPR league, i remember last year some dude drafting two WR in the first two rounds and coming up with Calvin Johnson and another top notch receiver, he then drafted Fred Jackson & Marshawn Lynch in round 6 & 7, i don't need to say no more but he won the league. Are there any RB's this year that can have somewhat of the same impact in later rounds? also could you guys share some of your PPR strategies? thanks in advance! and "sky" welcome to razzball! i know you have been here some time now but just wanted to say hi!

Post subject: Re: PPR Question! Hello Sky!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:42 pm 

Ha, thanks Assner! Strategy-wise, you want top end talent at the skill positions, obviously, in the first few rounds but guys such as Austin Collie, Davone Bess, and Danny Amendola become interesting late round wide receiver pickups. 8 receptions and 60 yards isn't exciting but it's useful depending on how deep your league is.

Your friend got a bit lucky. F-Jax and Lynch were out of nowhere players for 2011 and Lynch isn't that great for PPR settings. I'd still aim for an RB with the first 3 picks but wouldn't hesitate to take Calvin if I had the 4th. I'd have you take a look at my overall rankings to get a good idea of how I'd view the first two rounds:

http://football.razzball.com/updated-overall-rankings-2012-fantasy-football

As far as late RB plays I'd be interested in this year, mid to late round value plays I like are guys such as Peyton Hillis, Michael Bush, Jazquizz Rodgers, C.J. Spiller, and Kevin Smith (climbing up the ranks). Don't know if you have a Lynch or F-Jax in that but they'll all be useful either way. Some ND guys I like: Taiwan Jones, Rashad Jennings (the ND is probably changing more and more every day), Kendall Hunter, and Le'Ron McClain. Hope that's enough food for thought!

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:58 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Sky, which order would you go? RB RB, in the first two rounds? since WR is deeper? then what?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:06 pm 

If I went RB first round next would be best available, if I went WR first, RB next for sure. I think RB is very thin this year. I do like Kevin smith though. also, in the last giants game, seems like dj ware took over for bradshaw when he left the game.. might be worth some looking in to.

1B Goldy
2B Brandon Phillips
SS Rutledge
3B Zimmerman
OF Mcchutchen
OF Joyce
OF Markakis
OF Pence
OF Austin Jackson
MI Kendrick
CI Encarnacion
UTIL Nava
Bench: Frazier, Rajai Davis, Alcides Escobar, Uggla
Pitchers:
Bumgarner, Cashner, Greg Holland, League, Sergio Romo, Hyun-Jin Ryu, Huston Street, Moore, Milone, Uehara,Kluber

* This was just the roster position for the day I changed my signature.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:54 pm 

Best case scenario, I'm RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/QB all depending on what is available to me and what QB is out there. I'm really high on Matt Ryan this year and he's looking like a steal in ADP to me. Overall, WR is deep but if I have 3 WR spots I need to fill, I would like that to be done by round 5 or maybe round 6. Also agree w/Jdavidson12

Sky Sperling is a contributor for Razzball Football and Razzball Baseball. He’s also a lover of fine beer, fine women and fine-toothed combs. You can follow him on twitter @Sky_Razzball and in your most sweetest of dreams.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:49 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

What about Delone Carter? The RB from the Colts? I don't think Brown has a chokehold on the starting Job, and Carter had some hype last year.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:10 pm 

He probably doesn't have a full hold but Delone Carter is a deep league play right now and just a waiver wire watch in a regular league.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:52 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Ridley & Spiller looking like Jax & Lynch! ;)