It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Keeper logjam - time to deal
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:30 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Grey, long time no type.

This is my big money league and we are keeping 13 players next season.
My pitching is absolutely horrendous and with so many players being kept I'm not getting a whiff of any body elite in the draft. I also have too many First basemen - Votto, Rizzo, and Prince - to play because my CI is filled with Zimmerman/Middlebrooks. That is assuming all of those players are worth keeping, but I am partial to keeping The Rizz and Middlebrooks.

Of my first basemen I'd like to flip Prince the most. The best offer I've gotten was Hamels for him straight up. It seems like quite a discount on Prince's value, but given the circumstances do I bite the bullet since I need an arm?

Muchas gracias, mi amigo.

Attachment:
razz pits.jpg
razz pits.jpg [ 106.17 KiB | Viewed 1130 times ]

Attachment:
razz arms.jpg
razz arms.jpg [ 123.27 KiB | Viewed 1130 times ]

Post subject: Re: Keeper logjam - time to deal
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:11 am 

I know I'm not Grey, but I like Hamels and given your circumstances I would pull the trigger...

C Montero
1B Pujols
2B Cano
SS Rollins
3B Sandoval
IF Ad. Gonzalez
OF Ellsbury
OF Bruce
OF Yelich
Util Alex Gordon
Util Napoli
BN Ozuna

SP Strasburg
SP Felix
SP Shields
SP DeGrom
RP Robertson
RP Papelbon
RP Kimbrel
P Hawkins
P Carrasco

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:16 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Thanks for the advice, I should add he has Bumgarner and Sale as well, but out of the three I think Hamels is the most attractive.

Get your mind out of the gutter.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:22 am 

Hey, man, how's things? Yeah, I'd take Hamels...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:06 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

He wants Stanton. Bastard. He is willing to go Hamels/Harvey/Bruce for Stanton and Prince. Ergh, thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:03 am 

Forget that...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:16 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Unfortunately that owner refuses to budge on his love for Stanton but won't ante up to make it worthwhile.

I've been trying to dish Prince to this team for a while:
Attachment:
stinky arms.jpg
stinky arms.jpg [ 32.67 KiB | Viewed 1052 times ]

He won't give me Price or Verlander, but he countered with a Halladay for Prince straight up. Obviously Halladay is a little long in the tooth for my liking, but if he can give me another 5 (!!!) years like the last 5 I think I need to do it given the particulars of my situation. Or is it better that I keep Prince and sit Rizzo next season, wishing for a decent SP the whole time?

Balls.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:50 am 

You can't go to a different team for a trade? If not, then it's okay for Halladay... Prince is much better...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:54 am 
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

This is a different team than the first few questions . . . Nobody will give anything close to Prince's value. Until now people wouldn't even respond to trade proposals. I agree with you 100% that Prince is worth way more than Halladay in a vacuum. The problem is benching a keeper and not having a solid SP makes that value meaningless. Effing effholes.

I don't know how, but this league became so insanely focused on pitching to the point that deals I think absurdly favor the other team are rejected like I'm offering Casey McGehee for Strasburg.

Sadface.jpg

Thanks for the advice.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:41 pm 

I hear ya... Well, you gotta do what you gotta do...