Streaming pitcher rater and player rater

Reality TV, Movies, Rants and all kinds of other shizz.
Jdavidson12

Streaming pitcher rater and player rater

Postby Jdavidson12 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:52 am

Not sure if this is the right spot, but I was just wondering how you were able to get a database that constantly updated its stats? As in, obviously some pitchers were on the streaming pitchers rater for more than one start. Does the thing update the stats on its own? and if so, how were you able to do that? Thank you!
10 Team Roto HR, RBI, Runs, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, WHIP, ERA.
C Castro
C Arencibia
1B Goldy
2B Brandon Phillips
SS Rutledge
3B Zimmerman
OF Mcchutchen
OF Joyce
OF Markakis
OF Pence
OF Austin Jackson
MI Kendrick
CI Encarnacion
UTIL Nava
Bench: Frazier, Rajai Davis, Alcides Escobar, Uggla
Pitchers:
Bumgarner, Cashner, Greg Holland, League, Sergio Romo, Hyun-Jin Ryu, Huston Street, Moore, Milone, Uehara,Kluber

* This was just the roster position for the day I changed my signature.

ChrisV82
Sponsor
Sponsor

Re: Streaming pitcher rater and player rater

Postby ChrisV82 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:41 am

A giant computer called QUOBTHARD - QUalitative Original Baseball THeoretical Analytical Repository & Database
I like sports with balls in them.

Rudy Gamble

Postby Rudy Gamble » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:49 am

Jdavidson12 wrote:Not sure if this is the right spot, but I was just wondering how you were able to get a database that constantly updated its stats? As in, obviously some pitchers were on the streaming pitchers rater for more than one start. Does the thing update the stats on its own? and if so, how were you able to do that? Thank you!

We have a database for Player Rater and Stream-o-nator that updates every morning. It brings in data from various sources - notably dougstats.com. Between parsing the data files that it imports, managing the player reference data (e.g,. abreu,bobby = Bobby Abreu), and all the calculations to get at Player Rater + Stream-o-nator, it's pretty complicated. Definitely not something I'd suggest someone take on unless they like that sort of work...

Jdavidson12

Postby Jdavidson12 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:20 pm

Ahhh Okay.. my brother is big into that stuff but hes just starting to learn it. Probably too complicated for him right now. I just wanted to play with different variables and perhaps create one for football and basketball as well. Thank you though sir.
10 Team Roto HR, RBI, Runs, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, WHIP, ERA.
C Castro
C Arencibia
1B Goldy
2B Brandon Phillips
SS Rutledge
3B Zimmerman
OF Mcchutchen
OF Joyce
OF Markakis
OF Pence
OF Austin Jackson
MI Kendrick
CI Encarnacion
UTIL Nava
Bench: Frazier, Rajai Davis, Alcides Escobar, Uggla
Pitchers:
Bumgarner, Cashner, Greg Holland, League, Sergio Romo, Hyun-Jin Ryu, Huston Street, Moore, Milone, Uehara,Kluber

* This was just the roster position for the day I changed my signature.

Return to “What else is there?”