It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Traded away Hosmer and Bruce
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:44 pm 

I had already given up when my team fell 30 pts behind, but the top teams have all crashed and now I am within 10 pts of the top and 3.5 pts of 2nd place in my 16 team keeper league.

Got Stanton back and lost saves in Casilla and I have a blackhole at 1b, so I traded Bruce and Hosmer for Wilhelmson and Goldschmidt... desperate attempt to get back in it.

This isn't as bad as it may have looked on paper in the beginning of the year is it?

Post subject: Re: Traded away Hosmer and Bruce
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:08 pm 

Looks okay for this year, don't love it in a keeper...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:04 am 

There’s only a limited number of keepers I can have (6 max), and I probably wasn’t gonna keep either, so I decided to make a move for this year.

I am more worried about getting burned this year.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:37 am 

Ah, gotcha...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:10 pm 

Not bad at all. Goldschmidt is the best bat in that deal and WIlhelmson is a dominant RP. Only worry is Wilhelmson's remaining save opps could be few and far between.

C- LuCroy
1B- Ortiz
2B- Altuve
SS-Rollins
3b- Encarnacion
OF- Harper
OF- Bruce
OF- Eaton
Utility - Rizzo
Bn. - Gyorko

SP- Scherzer
SP- Bailey
RP- Romo
RP- K-Rod
P. - Street
P- Lindstrom
P- Teheran
Bn. - Chavez
Bn. Niese
Bn. Kluber
Bn.- Dickey
Bn.- Eovaldi
DL- Paxton
DL- Cobb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:21 pm 

First game Bruce and Hosmer off my roster and of course, Bruce game winning 3 run homer. And Goldschmidt 0fer 4.

Never fails. LOL.

Anyway, hopefully this is the bottom. I'd feel terrible if Bruce rips 10 homers the rest of the way with a 900+ OPS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:43 pm 

Oh, Papa Smurf...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:41 pm 

Now 5 homers in his last 4 games (including an inside the park HR) not in my lineup.

3 in his last 2 while still on my roster. And then now 2 games after the trade went through.

I can start him all through his 0 for 20 streaks. The moment I finally sit him, he goes deep.