It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 25  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Streaming with The Fredsies
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:55 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

charles: Harrell is listed as a streamer. See the top of the post for adds/deletes.

Eddy, think I'd pass on Maholm as well.

If you think Sheets, know he put up a 23.5% 0-Swing%. That is bad enough that I would pass having only the one start.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:57 pm 

Simply Fred wrote:
charles: Harrell is listed as a streamer. See the top of the post for adds/deletes.

Eddy, think I'd pass on Maholm as well.

If you think Sheets, know he put up a 23.5% 0-Swing%. That is bad enough that I would pass having only the one start.

Yea, I saw Harrell up top, but the main supporting evidence was his home ERA. He's pitching away this week. Good thing just about every pitcher is playable @SD.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:00 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Yes, the away was washed away with game @SD.

ALL: see top for Collmenter update.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:07 pm 

Hey Fred, or anyone else who wants to help:

Which of these guys would you drop to stream Blackley tomorrow? I'm pretty confident none will get nabbed, but I'll have to wait until Friday to get him back...so I've listed the opponents for Wed and Thur. I know Collmenter pitched today and the other guys didn't, I'm just thinking I don't want to miss out on another 0 ER, 5 K in 3 IP on Thursday...

Collmenter (@CIN, @CIN)
Doolittle (TEX, NYY)
Varvaro (SF, SF)

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:09 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

collmenter got picked up my league--after his game tonight.

would definitely drop collmenter. he will sit on the bench likely at least 3 days. doolittle or varvaro could pick up a vulture win. AZ has HOU and COL home next, neither a very good road team, but collmenter has a 4.86 era home, 2.70 away. End of July, early AUG they go to LAD, PHI, PIT. I'd look to run him out there a couple of times that road trip.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:42 am 

Thanks!

It was a shame I rolled out Thornton yesterday, too (1 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, 1 K). Luckily Soriano and Wilhelmsen tempered the damage (with Collmenter)...

It appears I need to do more research on MRP. Thornton's away/night ERA splits are both much worse than his home/day numbers...should've seen the red flag.

qb Wilson
rb McCoy
rb Bernard
wr Colston
wr S. Johnson
te Cook
flex J. Gordon
d/st Jets
k Dawson

bn Tannehill, S. Jackson, Decker, Jones-Drew, Hilton, McGahee

12 Team ESPN Standard non-PPR

qb Brees
rb S. Jackson
rb Bradshaw
wr Cobb
wr Garcon
te Cook
flex D. Richardson
flex P. Thomas
d/st Jets
k Hartley

bn Gronkowski, Decker, Bernard, J. Franklin, Tannehill, McGahee, Turbin, Heyward-Bey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:16 am 

Great article, TONS of information.

I need to whittle that down to a few stats I need to check each time to determine stream or not.

Fred, care to put together a quick guide of what to check? Stream-line this a bit?

C - Salvador Perez
1B - Paul Goldschmidt
2B - Aaron Hill
3B - Evan Longoria
SS - Elvis Andrus
OF1 - Jose Bautista
OF2 - Jay Bruce
OF3 - Shin-Soo Choo
UTIL - Alex Gordon
UTIL - Anthony Rizzo
BN - Jed Lowrie

SP - Bumgarner / Sanchez / Cashner / Buchholz / Kluber / Smyly / Skaggs
RP - Balfour / Hunter / Melancon / Allen / Kelley
DL - Taijaun Walker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:55 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Mindspin:
1) trying to maintain general discussion/advice while,
2) rudy and awesomus get a working automated daily ranking
3) my vision multiple regression analysis modeling which solves for proper (not guessed) weights for the checks. I think i can get access to. Problem right now is time. Gonns tske some patience

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:01 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

mindspin311 wrote:
Great article, TONS of information.

I need to whittle that down to a few stats I need to check each time to determine stream or not.

Fred, care to put together a quick guide of what to check? Stream-line this a bit?

I asked Fred more or less the same thing about a week ago in the old thread. Here was his response.

1) 12:15 a.m. check new razz post
next morning:
2) see how many of my waiver wire guys i got. i am always near last in priority. this allows me to ww players that other guys want but just don't want to waste their ww# on (and I can sleep). Can be a closer in waiting, MR, SB-guy...
3) check MLB transactions for callups. do this frequently throughout the day.
4) check MLBDepthCharts, http://www.mlbdepthcharts.com/. They frequently seem to have instant info on player moves. Plus, good articles on who's doing well in the minors, and who just tweeted that they are coming. (there are probably better sources of up-to-minute player moves. please share with me if you find them.)
5)check my spreadsheet for adds/streamers after lock for this day
6)check http://www.rotoinfo.com/lineups.php for daily lineups. frequently i will rotate hitters based on matchups, but occasionally the manager disagrees with me and leaves him on the bench--put me in coach
7)check razz for Grey's advice
8)check http://dailybaseballdata.com/cgi-bin/weather.pl for weather
evening:
9)check MLB for scheduled pitchers. ID a list of likely/maybe streamers.
10)via ESPN players, check availability, check their recent outings. go to player page to check their strengths via splits: headsup, home/away, come back for day/night if a close call.
11)go to MLB>stats>sortable team>highlight OPS column and sort home/away, right/left.
*hope to avoid much of that if awesomus maximus gets the data to feed a spreadsheet*
12)check fangraphs 0-Swing%
13)via ESPN league home page check the Forecaster (like to see if we are on the same page; once in awhile will find a player i overlooked; don't really rely on their ratings.
14)check the MLB scoreboard to see how games are going; has a closer just botched his fourth in a row? Is a new guy hot (you know, the one Grey will recommend in his next post).
15)check fa/ww lists for possibles for the next day. what's their bvp? for pitchers, i like to sort via the far right column +/- tells who is hot. for MRs will sort by whip, then k for the last 15 days (generally)
As I look at players, if I find one that improves on one on my team, I make the add. I keep looking. If i find better, i just drop the guy i picked up fifteen minutes ago. i don't figure everything out and make a final set of moves. think i developed this from getting scooped while i was analyzing. now i analyze, scoop, analyze, scoop, ...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:31 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Fred, wanted to bounce this possible streamer. What do you think?

Jeff Francis (yuck, I know, but bare with)

Opponent: 7/21 @SD
29th in home OPS
29th in OPS v LHP,

Pitcher:
29.2% O-Swing
6 IP 0 ER (3 H, 1 BB, 1 K) v. SD this year.
Historically struggled at PETCO (5+ ERA) and against SD.
Wind blowing toward RF foul line at 10 mph.
FIP 3.72, 4.41 SIERA
Hasn't gone more than six innings all year, but has given up 3 ER (@WAS) once in last seven starts.

BONUS: SD is 30th in OPS on Saturdays :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 25  Next