It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Streaming with The Fredsies
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:10 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I AM ALL IN WITH RUDY AND THE STREAM-o-NATOR!

Recommend Rudy starts a new thread!

Looks like you have it dialed in, Rudy! Tip o' the Cap!!

If you missed the lead article:

http://razzball.com/streaming-pitchers- ... edictable/

Last edited by Simply Fred on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:03 am, edited 88 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Streaming with The Fredsies
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:46 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

just getting this to the top

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:10 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Don't mind me, just subbing to the post!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:26 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

So I want to see if I got this right:

I've identified Bud Norris in a league for tomorrow's start @SF.

Career v. SF: 10.1 IP, 4.35 ERA, 1 HR, 15 Ks.
O-Swing:30.2%
Giants' team OPS: 22nd (.698)
Giants' home OPS: 26th (.687)
Giants' v.Right OPS 26th (.693)
Wind: 11 mph to right field

So all these factors look like he's good to go. Now, my skepticism with Norris:
5.29 FIP in away games, 1.75 HR/9. He's been notoriously bad on the road this year.

Does the good outweigh the bad here?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:22 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Headsup: Norris gave up 3 ER in 3.1 IP @SF on 6/12. That SITs him. Keep playing! :-)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:33 am 

Maybe I'm not being picky enough. After reading Fred's post to the blog and following his advice, I decided to start DeVries and Harang today. Tomorrow, I'm planning to start Nolasco (home vs. WAS). And Monday (which is as far in advance as I've looked so far), I plan to pick up McAllister and J. Vargas (@ KC). Maybe Harang, Nolasco, and Vargas were all already taken in your leagues, but if not, I wouldn't mind hearing why you'd be against starting them.

I thought Billingsley looked kind of borderline for tomorrow, as did Blanton on Monday (@ LAD). I probably won't bother with either of them, though.

My team is already toast for this season, so I'm really just doing this now to practice for next season. I don't mind taking a hit this year on any mistakes, if it'll help me refine my approach by next year.

Thanks for setting up this forum!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:06 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Ha! Sometimes one can be too safety-conscious. I benched Dempster today with poor headsup last year and a slight breeze out today. Sonuvabench: he repeated his last stellar headsup.

RE: Harang. Which one shows up. Early season back to back h/a vs. SD gave up 7 ER in 10.2 IP. Since then 0.00 in 7 IP @SD. I would sit, but believe in learning by doing. Given your situation, give him a try. If we get enough of the most recent caps the previous, we know to weigh that more.

Nolasco: My system would sit him given WAS away rank #11. His home/away split nearly identical, so the park doesn't seem to be helping him. In his favor, he had 2.84 era in 2GS vs. WAS h/a last year. He has been better recently. I can see the gamble. Again, though, I have kept my overall season rankings high by avoiding the red flags (#11).

DeVries/McAllister already id'd as STREAM.

Vargas: home era 2.84; away 5.09. Don't equate his last @OAK (#27/#29, softie) with @KC (#8/#16, tougher).SIT.

Welcome aboard. Please share what you learn as you go.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:52 pm 

Yikes, not sure how I missed Vargas's home/away splits. Thanks for pointing that out. Will definitely sit now.

On Nolasco, I think I was looking more at his previous performance against the Nats. Also, the Nats' OPS vs righties is ranked 17th, but maybe I'm just looking for excuses to start pitchers. . . .

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:32 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

So Fred, it seems you've set up your team from the start to have a bunch of open slots. But my situation is that I have a pile of starting pitchers and no bench bats as per Grey's general guidance. How do I get from here to there? I own some top end starters (J-Zimm, Anibal, Johnson, Price) and then some less valuable guys like Latos, Leake, Parker, Wood.

So do I drop a few of these guys for the roster spot knowing they will likely get scooped? If so, can you advise who to drop based on upcoming matchups?

I have DeVries so I thinkI'll just drop him once his start..uh starts for McAllister.

CI-Morneau, Wright, Votto
OF- Kemp, BJ Upton, G. Jones, A. Jones, N. Cruz, Fowler
MI-A. Ramirez, Stewart, Asdrubal
U-Ortiz or Berkman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:50 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

1) Devries, as stated above, is a keep for his next start. Do your other analysis before you drop him.
2) the process is to check all of your starters to see if they have favorable matchups
3) you want to keep BOT (3 on your bench) and maybe 1 more because your BOT will be rotating in to that active slot.
4) once you've determined the group that has bad matchups, TRADE/package all that will get you a hitter or closer or even a closer-in-waiting.
5) what's left drop.
6) fill any vacant slots with MR that can get you K's and vulture wins, without hurting era/whip. i provided a list in one of the two posts.
7) i will try to help if i have time tomorrow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next