It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Burrell and Howard
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:30 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Have stranded 14 runners between them today. Howard at least has a home run, but Burrell is 0-11 for the week and I struggling to stay in the playoff spots.

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject: Re: Burrell and Howard
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:55 pm 

I've been watching and it hasn't been bad luck Burrell's looked lost up there today.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:03 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I saw he flew out to the warning track once, but looks like the rest of his ABs have been pretty horrible.

And I know I'm speaking out of frustration (and it's an odd thing to say of a guy with 30+ HRs and 100+ RBIs), but is Howard really that good of a hitter?

From this distance (and you know how far away I am), it seems that the only stuff he can handle is something fat and in the middle of the plate. It looks like he swings merrily away at some awful pitches.

Obviously I accept that baseball is an incredibly difficult game to play well (never played it myself, but have played cricket), but he is being paid 10 mill a year to do what he does.

Am I way out of line? Be interested in your thoughts.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:12 pm 

As the Mets announcer said, Howard can not hit the ball well and hit it out. That's true and not something you can say about many players. Is he a hacker? Oh, definitely. He'll swing and miss in droves, but you pay for a guy who can hit 50 home runs with ease. Out of shape guys tend not to age well (one example is Prince's dad, Cecil) so Howard could get old quickly, but it won't be for a few years.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:13 pm 

Also, he's never been a high average guy. He had a high average in 06 because of luck. He also whiffed 180 times that year.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:16 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Yeah - I also meant to add that I knew what I was getting into when I made him my first pick - although I expected him to hit a bit closer to .250.

If he was a bit more selective, do you think he would be as good a HR hitter/RBI man?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:19 pm 

I don't think selective is his game. It's like asking Reyes to hit for power. Just doesn't work.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:23 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Fair enough.

The dynamic duo are 0-7 and 1-6 now, BTW.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:24 pm 

That was a great game though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:32 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Might need to sub someone in for Burrell though. I have Nelson Cruz, but Fred Lewis, Skip Schumaker, Ryan Church and Ben Francisco are available.

Any of them float your boat?