It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Booooooo
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:58 pm 

You know what Beltran's going to do when back in your lineup, right?

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:05 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I love this thread.

What do you guys think of a companion thread where we can gloat on those rare occasions when things run our way?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:43 pm 

Go for it, Steve. Not sure, Smurf will have as many vivid stories to tell.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:02 pm 

Yeah my only entry would be Cliff Lee. That's it. I simply don't have any games where I luck into a huge game. If the 2nd place team posted here, he'd have plenty. A few days ago he plucked Bartlett into his lineup for the first time (only cuz Hardy had a day off) and got Bartlett's best game of the year including his only homer (I think, w/o checking). Today he benched Cantu in what turned out to be a 14-14 game at last look, but Cantu is 0 for 5. I don't know how he does it but day after day he gets it done.
--------

So things didn't turn out as badly as I expected. Aviles hasn't homered yet. Beltran has made an out. He only has one homer and 3 RBI so far. It could still be much worse when I check back tomorrow, but I am gonna call it a night as far as fantasyballin' goes while I am only pretty far behind.

I'm gonna concentrate on the not so bad stuff to maintain my sanity. Mclouth picked up an rbi and a sb (my only rbi and sb today in fact). Francisco picked up a save the first day in my lineup. Hamels won again. And I only have 6 hits out of the 3 guys on the bench so far. At least 3 guys didn't outhit 9 guys in my lineup.

What would be even more amazing than my bad luck this year would be if I somehow won my league (Right now I have a 7 pt lead but should be about 12 if I hadn't missed just half of all the production I missed). Of course, I am expecting another last day heartbreak like last year. Lady Luck that fat *bleep* has some plans for me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:30 pm 

That's pretty impressive that he held out Cantu and still avoided a sonavabenching.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:23 pm 

He undermanages sometimes. His moves usually work out even if it looks bad on paper - such as sitting Mags for Weeks for the UTIL spot. I don't really know how my team is leading his team given how lucky he is and how unlucky I am. His offense scares the smurf poop out of me. His pitching has no big names but is still third in WHIP and ERA. I didn't start paying attention to his team until the last 2 months or so since he's become my main threat, but I haven't seen any reason why my team is better than his other than starting pitching. My team did get off to a great APR, then starting going downhill, and his team had a horrible APR and caught fire over time... so I guess APR is the difference right now.

He just passed me in HLDs today so he is inching closer and closer. My setup guys pitch great game after game but can't buy a HLD. His 2 WSox guys today gave up 4 baserunners in 1.1 IP and picks up 2 HLDs. Even when his guy blows a save, he picks up wins, like S Shields.

That's the way the fantasy ball world spins when you are a smurf. It's so messed up, but fat Lady Luck hates smurfs.

I wish the friggin' season was over today, cuz the last 3+ weeks is gonna be torture the way it's lookin' right now. This is how it is gonna be: Peavy throws 7 shutout innings and gets a ND, and his DiceK gives up 6 runs in 5 IP and wins to pass me in wins in the final few days and beat me by 0.5 pts.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:36 pm 

Maybe you should get out of your mushroom house for a little while to take your mind off of it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:32 pm 

Totally missed on this one earlier this week:

I was ahead of the games played pace at UTIL (162 cap) so I needed to cut back a little. Thome was hitting like .122 against Wakefield lifetime,and he hadn't been swinging a great bat in the last few games, so I sat him last Sunday for the first time in 2 months. So of course, first AB he smacks one for 2 runs. Now he's back in the lineup and has continued his lackluster play prior to the benching.

My offense this week has one homer... and I missed a Beltran homer... woulda been 2. I see 8 hits so far today, 0 homers and 2 RBI, both from K Johnson. The runs keep piling up, but I'm already up by 40+ there.

Gonna be playing some Holdem Poker tomorrow, hopefully Lady Luck doesn't screw me over with a 2 outter hitting on the river or something.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:53 pm 

Wow, I'd love to get in a game with you with your luck. People cancel games when you can't show?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:30 pm 

Surprisingly, I do pretty well at the poker table. The worst beat I had was when it was down to me and my friend heads up, and I went all in preflop with AA and he drunkenly called with 92 suited and beat me with a flush. Then he went all in preflop with 22, I called with KK and still got beat trip 2s to pair Ks to lose the tournament. It took a few mins to sink in that I lost back2back headsup hands with AA then KK. Other than that, my luck in poker seems wonderful compared to fantasy ball.

Anyway, to bring the fantasy ball universe to balance, here's another smurf oopsie. Needing HLDs, I figured Yanks against M's was a better bet than Fish vs. right handed heavy Cards, so I dropped Rhodes for Bruney last night. Backfires immediately as usual. I did bench Galarraga, so maybe the universe is out of whack again since he didn't throw a 3 hitter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next