It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Booooooo
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:12 am 

It's totally unfair, Smurf.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:26 am 

Beltran goes deep!

My team has lost 6.5 pts in the last two days thanks to a lifeless offense. Guys not hitting or being sick/hurt.

Hopefully will see some nice numbers when i check back later. Due for some.
----------

Pretty nice bounce back day for my offense. I count 11 hits and 3 homers with Dobbs still to play. Slowey lost out on a W but I'll settle for a Reyes HLD.

My rival is still going with Weeks for Mags and it's working out for him. He traded Dunn and KROD (who he didn't need anymore) for Holiday, first game and he's got 2 sbs, 4 total for his team today. Hamilton, Mags, Holiday OF... wow. I can't match him in power or speed or batting average, basically everything. LOL.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:51 pm 

Lind 0 for 4. Aviles 0 for 4. Mclouth, who's only in my lineup cuz Thome got benched, another 0 for 4. I don't even have anyone with more than 1 hit. 4 hits total on the night. My team was tied with 2 other teams in BA and 3 others in OBP coming in. Ooglay.

Thank god for Cliff Lee, yet again. I will make him the honorary mayor of smurf village.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:55 pm 

papasmurf wrote:
Thank god for Cliff Lee, yet again. I will make him the honorary mayor of smurf village.

He might cherish that more than the Cy Young.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:11 pm 

Third time in recent weeks the Rox have scored runs in the 8th to take a HLD away from Bucholtz. All three times the team I am chasing in the category got HLDs from Corpas in the same game.

I am not even asking for a good break. I just want them to either not score any additional runs at all or score them before Corpas enters so that either both teams get a HLD or neither gets one.

I did like the Gregg meltdown and Beltran salami, so I will call it even...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:56 pm 

papasmurf wrote:
I did like the Gregg meltdown and Beltran salami, so I will call it even...

That's very fair of you.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:09 pm 

I am glad I wasn't around today to witness Galarraga and Peavy throwing 15 innings of 2 run ball only to get NDs even though both their teams won. The Peavy one stings the most cuz I traded Hoffman last week or I could have at least had a win after the blown sv. To make it worse, I own Bucholtz, who took the L. With Hamels also on my team, it's been hard to pick up W's. And wins is the only SP category I can gain or lose pts in.

I did bench both Mclouth and Lind today and it worked out, but is that enough to balance things out?

Daily whine section over. Smurf out. Over.
-----

EDIT: I just realized the 2nd place team got a 4 for 4 + HR game out of Bartlett. It was the first game for B for him and B was only playing cuz Hardy was resting. I don't know how he consistently manages to do this. I've paid attn to his team only in the last 6-8 weeks, and off the top of my head I can already recall at least 5 WW type guys who he just puts into the lineup and had huge debuts, and he doesn't change his lineup often at all. He must have had others earlier in the year as well.

Meanwhile, Guzman's 2 for 5 yesterday is as good as it gets for me. I am simply terrible at picking spot daily starters. Looking at my team gamelog makes me puke.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:55 pm 

Dammitm i didnt know if either beltran or aviles would play so I had to put my backups in the lineup rather than eat 0's.

Now both are playing, and there's no doubt both will have huge games and the guys I started will only have 0fers.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:57 pm 

Surprised Aviles is back already, but I guess he heard you benched him. Beltran I'm not as surprised about.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:21 pm 

Beltran already has a 3 run homer. So his last 3 games from the bench, I have missed out on 3 homers and 10 RBI minimum. And the guy I had to sub in for him, Mclouth predictably has done nothing.

I thought since Mclouth has burned me so many times from the bench and with my team in a fairly tight race, I had to play him instead of risking taking 0's. Of course, wrong again.

At least it's encouraging that Beltran looks unaffected by the knee. As long as all this missed production doesn't bite me in the ass at the end, I guess it was funny how I managed to get burned so many times.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next