It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: I just kicked Brainy Smurf's ass
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:12 pm 

Another day, another whine.

So I see on another f-ball forum that it’s supposed to rain all day in Chitown. Weather dot com confirms it. Plus Nyjer Morgan is recovering from the flu, so I sat him due to these risks and went with Milledge. Otherwise I would have gone with Morgan. Of course, the other day I went with Morgan, and he was out of the lineup while Mill stole a base. Like most people, I can’t be around the puter all day, so I didn’t know Morgan was out.

It took 10 mins for the move to blow up. 2 steals off the bat. He’s out of the game already, but it’s gonna take a miracle for Milledge to beat the value of the two steals.

I haven’t made one single lineup decision that was right in the last 10 days. Hate these day games, as I find out I got burned as it happens. At least with night games, I only find out when I check in later on.

Post subject: Re: I just kicked Brainy Smurf's ass
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:51 pm 

I actually just barely got Morgan in on one team. Glad your blueness hasn't rubbed off on me.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:19 pm 

Willingham’s 0 for 3 by the way. In the one game that he sits on the bench, he go nuts, but does absolutely nothing in all the other games that I have started him.

Guzman’s sitting on the bench too… LOL I bet the guy I start at SS will go 1 for 4 at best. (If anyone owns Vallueba the guy on the Indians, sit him…)

Of course, had I gone with Morgan, the game would have been postponed…

Man, which smurf underling will I beat up next?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:08 pm 

Yep, just as I called it, 1 for 4. If only I am as good at calling performances when it can actually help me. Like if I said, Willingham, 2 for 4 with a homer, does it ever come true? Only if on the bench.

Goddam Hafner 0 for 4 again. Why can't he go 0 for 4 after I punted him? If I drop him again, he will get 3 hits tomorrow. If I start him again, another 0fer, guaranteed.

I give up. 1 hit today from the whole lineup. At least the 5th time this month the team's gotten 3 hits or less in one day.

Chances of being screwed 20+ straight moves in a row? Maybe 1 in a few ten thousands I would assume.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:22 pm 

That's pretty remarkable. You really need to try to do the opposite of what you're feeling.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:00 am 

In fact, I sometimes do the opposite of how I feel but they backfire too. Like my gut feeling was to go with Morgan yesterday… then I did the opposite. Basically it’s whatever I end up doing will backfire, regardless of whether I favor the move or do it begrudgingly. Interestingly enough, on pitching, my decisions turn out amazingly good considering how bad my calls are on offense. I have not missed a single win by benching a SP. Maybe I should petition the commish to turn the lg into pitching only.

It wouldn’t bug me if the top team was running away with the title and my team had no chance anyway, but it’s been wheeling too, though less than my team. If my offense had been just mediocre in the last two months, I’d be well within striking range. Try to keep a sense of humor about this stuff since it’s just a game, but all this bad luck + crappy play gets to me after it becomes incredibly bad. It boggles my mind when I think about how statistically improbable it is.

EDIT: Reimold picked up a hit after I last checked, so my team actually had two big hits on the night, 1 R and 0 RBI. Yippy.