It is currently Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: I've created something even more beautiful...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:01 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

For simplicity's sake, I'm starting a new post for my 2010 team. Here's the boys again:

12 team/5X5/H2H/Daily/3 yr keepers

C Rod Barajas
1B Carlos Pena
2B Brandon Phillips (K)
3B Evan Longoria (K)
SS Jimmy Rollins
OF Matt Holliday
OF Jason Bay
OF Justin Upton (K)
Utl1 Hunter Pence
Utl2 Alex Rios
BN Jermaine Dye

Starters: Cole Hamels, Jake Peavy, Roy Oswalt, Carlos Zambrano, Johnny Cueto, Ervin Santana, Max Scherzer, Mat Latos

Relievers: Francisco Cordero, Billy Wagner, Frank Francisco, Mike Gonzalez, Brandon Lyon

C- C.Ruiz
1B- P.Fielder
2B- I.Kinsler
3B- E.Longoria
SS- J.Segura (K+3)
OF- M.Trout (K+1)/ J.Upton/ B.Moss
Util- A.Rendon
Util- A.Rizzo (K+1)

BN- R.Davis
DL- J.Bruce/ D.Mesoraco

SP- H.Bailey/ J.Masterson/ F.Liriano/ A.Sanchez/ N.Eovaldi/ H.Iwakuma /I.Kennedy/ C.Kluber/ D.Hutchinson
RP- H.Street/ F.Rodney/ G.Perkins/ M.Lindstrom

DL- T.Walker

Last edited by the mexicutioner on Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: I've created something even more beautiful...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:02 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I'm gonna drop Latos for another bat, at least until Dye lands somewhere. Looking at:

F Gutierrez, M Bradley, J Franny, or Mike Cameron.

They all are pretty boring. Gutierrez has upside. Bradley is at least batting cleanup. Franny is franny. Cameron is old, but has a starting job on a good team. Just looking for a stop gag. Who do you like for a UTL2?

C- C.Ruiz
1B- P.Fielder
2B- I.Kinsler
3B- E.Longoria
SS- J.Segura (K+3)
Util- A.Rendon
Util- A.Rizzo (K+1)

BN- R.Davis
DL- J.Bruce/ D.Mesoraco

SP- H.Bailey/ J.Masterson/ F.Liriano/ A.Sanchez/ N.Eovaldi/ H.Iwakuma /I.Kennedy/ C.Kluber/ D.Hutchinson

DL- T.Walker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:06 pm 

Grab Bradley.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:37 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I like my pitching staff (enough). The goal was to load up on bats, as most of the value is towards the front of the draft (damn keepers), while pitching can be had in the middle and even towards the back end.

Starters: Cole Hamels (4), Jake Peavy (7), Roy Oswalt (9), Carlos Zambrano (13), Johnny Cueto (14), Max Scherzer (15), Ervin Santana (21),

Relievers: Francisco Cordero (10), Billy Wagner (12), Frank Francisco (18), Mike Gonzalez (20), Brandon Lyon (22)

() = round drafted

I have no major concerns w/ my relievers; saves are saves. These guys should be alright. But I am worried about my starters, mainly with injuries. You can see I waited as long as possible to grab pitchers (sorta). Hamels I feel confident about. Peavy is an injury risk (2 years straight), but last year was due to a leg injury. Oswalt is always hurting, but at 9 I though it was worth the risk. Scherzer is a risky pitcher (you suggested avoiding him, regretfully). Santana is battling some elbow inflammation. Whatever.

I guess I decided to gamble with my pitching. I took injury-risk guys and some questionable youth (scherzer, cueto) in the hopes of big reward. Peavy in the 6 could pay off huge, or bite me in the ass. Oswalt may suck all year, instead of just post all-star break. Zambrano is old (vet you're done with), but I like him as my SP4. Santana could be the 08 version, or the shitty 09. Scherzer is a question mark. Cueto better be better this year.

How would you feel with this group as your starters? Do I need to be looking to shop someone to reduce my chances of getting screwed in September (again)? Am I crazy for picking a group with such high risk?

C- C.Ruiz
1B- P.Fielder
2B- I.Kinsler
3B- E.Longoria
SS- J.Segura (K+3)
Util- A.Rendon
Util- A.Rizzo (K+1)

BN- R.Davis
DL- J.Bruce/ D.Mesoraco

DL- T.Walker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:46 pm 

I think you've made your bed at this point, you need to see how some of these guys start the year. If Peavy starts the year well, which he probably will, then you can start to think about moving guys and/or looking at your options.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:27 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Grabbed Bradley.

Do you think Dye will get picked up? He's not done, but I HATE keeping dead weight on my bench (patience is a virtue I often stuggle with). CBS considers him "an immediate NL only option." I think that's an underestimate, but is he worth holding onto right now? How long is it gonna take for someone to bite?

The reason I ask is because this is the time to grab some guys cheap (got Verlander off waivers this time last year). I currently have no one I can drop (other than Bradley, who I sorta need at this point).

Your thoughts?

C- C.Ruiz
1B- P.Fielder
2B- I.Kinsler
3B- E.Longoria
SS- J.Segura (K+3)
Util- A.Rendon
Util- A.Rizzo (K+1)

BN- R.Davis
DL- J.Bruce/ D.Mesoraco

DL- T.Walker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:35 am 

I wouldn't have ever drafted Dye. I'd drop him now too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:52 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Just dropped Dye and picked up Dice-K (because I needed another pitcher who may get hurt). Think I'm okay with my pitching at the moment. As you said, "I've made my bed." Let's see what happens.

Now to the bats. I am very pleased with my offense and really don't see any areas of concern at the moment. I have good power and speed, and I don't see issues with OPS, RBI or even runs. Maybe hits? Am I correct in this assessment? Do you see something I don't?

C Iannetta
1B Carlos Pena
2B Brandon Phillips (K)
3B Evan Longoria (K)
SS Jimmy Rollins
OF Matt Holliday
OF Jason Bay
OF Justin Upton (K)
Utl1 Hunter Pence
Utl2 Alex Rios
BN Milton Bradley

Starters: Hamels, Peavy, Oswalt, Zambrano, Cueto, E Santana, Scherzer, Dice-K

Relievers: Cordero, Wagner, Francisco, Gonzalez, Lindstrom

C- C.Ruiz
1B- P.Fielder
2B- I.Kinsler
3B- E.Longoria
SS- J.Segura (K+3)
Util- A.Rendon
Util- A.Rizzo (K+1)

BN- R.Davis
DL- J.Bruce/ D.Mesoraco

DL- T.Walker

Last edited by the mexicutioner on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:53 am 

No concerns on the hitting right now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:12 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

AHHHHH!!!!! My pitching SUCKS. And I'm the only one to blame!

C Olivo
1B Carlos Pena
2B Brandon Phillips (K)
3B Evan Longoria (K)
SS Jimmy Rollins
OF Matt Holliday
OF Jason Bay
OF Justin Upton (K)
Utl1 Hunter Pence
Utl2 Alex Rios
BN Noland Reimold
BN JJ Hardy

Starters: Hamels, Peavy, Oswalt, Zambrano, Cueto, E Santana, Scherzer,

Relievers: Cordero, Wagner, Francisco, Gonzalez, Lindstrom

DL Kerry Wood, Dice-K

So it's only April 13, but damn this group can't buy a Win, Save, or manage a mildly respectable ERA or WHIP to save their lives.

A) Do I remain in HOLD mode and see what happens? I guess it IS only 4/13.
B) Do I start shopping for Garza?
C) Do I drop someone and grab Banny, Pettitte, Feldman, Masterson or Carmona? And who would I drop: Hardy (I MAY need him if Rollins MRI doesn't go well) or Reimold.

C- C.Ruiz
1B- P.Fielder
2B- I.Kinsler
3B- E.Longoria
SS- J.Segura (K+3)
Util- A.Rendon
Util- A.Rizzo (K+1)

BN- R.Davis
DL- J.Bruce/ D.Mesoraco

DL- T.Walker