It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 16 team 8x8 H2H
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:10 pm 

Just finished my 16 team H2H draft.
Positions are: C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, LF, CF, RF, OF, OF, UTIL, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, RP and no bench
Hitter categories are: H, R, HR, RBI, AVG, SLG, BB, SB
Pitcher categories are: W, QS, ERA, WHIP, K, SV, HLD, K/BB

My draft unfolded as follows...

1. (16) Adrian Gonzalez – you preach having a big bat at 1B, and the top 5 were off the board
2. (17) Tim Lincecum – not a fan of grabbing a starter early, but at this spot, it’s hard to turn him down... could have gone with Sizemore instead
3. (48) Adam Lind – love Lind this year, and needed another big bat
4. (49) Brandon Phillips – didn’t expect to grab a 2B of this calibre this late, so I’m pretty happy with the pick
5. (80) Carlos Quentin – I got razzed for this pick, but hey, I’m not complaining
6. (81) Ricky Nolasco – Probably didn’t need another starter here, but when Pence went off the board at 70, no one appealed to me at this point
7. (112) Nate McLouth
8. (113) Johnny Damon – Picks 7 and 8 were kind of rushed as I was thrown completely off by Bruce and Stewart being picked at 88 and 103 respectively. In the end, I don’t hate these picks, but don’t love them either
9. (144) Kevin Slowey – love Slowey in this format
10. (145) Geovany Soto – great value for a catcher this late in a 2 catcher league
11. (176) Jonathan Sanchez – don’t have to say much about this pick
12. (177) Colby Rasmus – gotta love a guy hitting in front of Pujols/Holliday
13. (208) Kyle Blanks – 30 homer potential? I’ll take it, especially since I missed out on Bruce
14. (209) Alcides Escobar – gotta love a guy hitting in front of Braun/Fielder
15. (240) Jhonny Peralta – hopefully a 20 homer rebound season is in store
16. (241) Ervin Santana – couldn’t pass him up this late, especially as a 5th starter
17. (272) Troy Glaus –After Stewart went at 103, I decided to punt 3B, and to graba guy with 30 homer potential and a lot of BB, I’ll take it
18. (273) Everth Cabrera – my biggest mistake of the draft... I don’t mind getting Cabrera, but if I had read the news prior to my draft of Desmond winning the starting job, I would have grabbed him... he ended up being drafted at 294 – D’oh!
19. (304) Octavio Dotel – I didn’t plan on getting any closers, but this late? Thank you
20. (305) Chris Perez – thank you again
21. (336) Jarrod Saltalamacchia – not bad for a number 2 catcher
22. (337) Luke Gregerson – holds
23. (368) Nick Masset – holds

So what do you think? To see my team laid out, check my signature, thanks!

Post subject: Re: 16 team 8x8 H2H
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:49 pm 

marcheese wrote:
Just finished my 16 team H2H draft.
Positions are: C, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, LF, CF, RF, OF, OF, UTIL, SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, RP and no bench
Hitter categories are: H, R, HR, RBI, AVG, SLG, BB, SB
Pitcher categories are: W, QS, ERA, WHIP, K, SV, HLD, K/BB

My draft unfolded as follows...

1. (16) Adrian Gonzalez – you preach having a big bat at 1B, and the top 5 were off the board
2. (17) Tim Lincecum – not a fan of grabbing a starter early, but at this spot, it’s hard to turn him down... could have gone with Sizemore instead
3. (48) Adam Lind – love Lind this year, and needed another big bat
4. (49) Brandon Phillips – didn’t expect to grab a 2B of this calibre this late, so I’m pretty happy with the pick
5. (80) Carlos Quentin – I got razzed for this pick, but hey, I’m not complaining
6. (81) Ricky Nolasco – Probably didn’t need another starter here, but when Pence went off the board at 70, no one appealed to me at this point
7. (112) Nate McLouth
8. (113) Johnny Damon – Picks 7 and 8 were kind of rushed as I was thrown completely off by Bruce and Stewart being picked at 88 and 103 respectively. In the end, I don’t hate these picks, but don’t love them either
9. (144) Kevin Slowey – love Slowey in this format
10. (145) Geovany Soto – great value for a catcher this late in a 2 catcher league
11. (176) Jonathan Sanchez – don’t have to say much about this pick
12. (177) Colby Rasmus – gotta love a guy hitting in front of Pujols/Holliday
13. (208) Kyle Blanks – 30 homer potential? I’ll take it, especially since I missed out on Bruce
14. (209) Alcides Escobar – gotta love a guy hitting in front of Braun/Fielder
15. (240) Jhonny Peralta – hopefully a 20 homer rebound season is in store
16. (241) Ervin Santana – couldn’t pass him up this late, especially as a 5th starter
17. (272) Troy Glaus –After Stewart went at 103, I decided to punt 3B, and to graba guy with 30 homer potential and a lot of BB, I’ll take it
18. (273) Everth Cabrera – my biggest mistake of the draft... I don’t mind getting Cabrera, but if I had read the news prior to my draft of Desmond winning the starting job, I would have grabbed him... he ended up being drafted at 294 – D’oh!
19. (304) Octavio Dotel – I didn’t plan on getting any closers, but this late? Thank you
20. (305) Chris Perez – thank you again
21. (336) Jarrod Saltalamacchia – not bad for a number 2 catcher
22. (337) Luke Gregerson – holds
23. (368) Nick Masset – holds

So what do you think? To see my team laid out, check my signature, thanks!
16 Team 8x8 H2H
C - Soto
C - Salty
1B - A-Gonz
2B - Phillips
3B - Peralta
SS - Alcides Escobar
CI - Glaus
MI - Everth Cabrera
LF - Lind
CF - McLouth
RF - Rasmus
OF - Quentin
OF - Damon
Util - Blanks
SP - Lincecum, Nolasco, Slowey, Sanchez, E Santana
RP - Dotel, Perez, Gregerson, Masset

I like the hitting a lot, but with your categories, I wonder if you went heavy enough on guys that will get Hits, Runs and AVG. At least 3/4 of your hitting won't. If Alcides explodes as he's capable, it'll definitely help things. But not sure it'll fix them. Damon was a good late pick to help there though. You were much better with him than Stewart or Bruce. Your pitching is fine.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:12 am 

I just drafted in a 14 team league, and pitching was flying off the board. Wanted to come in here and take a look for comparison of how you drafted Ps in an even deeper league.

I must say that getting Lincecum and Nolasco is not bad. Slowey fell a little later in your league, Sanchez & Santana should be decent enough.

See if Clement is available and pick him up, drop Salty. Just announced that he's full-time 1B with C elegibility, you won't regret it! 2 Catcher league are tough.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:50 am 

I received a message from another owner saying that would he would give me Wright for Lincecum. I'd have to throw in Glaus or Peralta, and I would need him to throw in a SP. He values Lincecum a bit more than Wright.

Lincecum + ________ (Glaus/Peralta)

FOR

Wright + ________ (Marcum/Romero)

Any of these work for my team?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:53 am 

Give him Peralta. I'd take Wright and Marcum.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:22 pm 

Thanks, Grey. I forgot to mention the stat categories...
H,R,HR,RBI,AVG,SLG,BB,SB
W,QS,K,ERA,WHIP,K/BB,SV,HLD
Does this change your opinion at all? (I just added these to my signature to avoid future confusion)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:29 pm 

It does, I wouldn't do the trade.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:14 pm 

Would you recommend me offering McLouth and Peralta for Michael Young?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:25 pm 

Yeah, I could see doing that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:49 pm 

Thinking of throwing an offer together to get Zimmerman

Would this be too little?
Nolasco and Peralta for Weaver and Zimmerman

Would this be too much?
Lincecum and Peralta for Weaver and Zimmerman

(Keep in mind my league settings)

I'm thinking Nolasco and Peralta would be a good initial offer (even though I doubt he'll accept it) to see what he counters with.