It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Roster thoughts and who to drop
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:46 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

I own Kelly Johnson, EverCab and Ian Desmond, so I decided to post after Grey Miss Cleo-ed my middle infield today. I have these guys mostly because I have two DL spots that Kinsler and Reyes are holding down for now.

First my roster, in a 14-team H2H league that DOES count Holds (had to make that clear before someone says "dump Shields you idiot!").

Hitters
C- Jeff Clement
1B- Miguel Cabrera
2B- Ian Desmond (2B/SS)
3B- Kevin Youkilis (1B/3B)
SS- Everth Cabrera
LF- Jason Bay
CF- Alex Rios (CF/RF)
RF- Nick Markakis
UTIL- Johnny Damon
UTIL- Kelly Johnson

Dexter Fowler
Corey Hart
Austin Jackson
DL- Ian Kinsler
DL- Jose Reyes

-Pitchers
SP- Chad Billingsley
SP- Jonathan Sanchez
SP- David Price
SP- Johnny Cueto
RP- Carlos Marmol
RP- Jose Valverde
P- Jason Frasor
P- Scot Shields

Joba Chamberlain (SP)
Scott Downs

As Reyes and Kinsler come off the DL next week, 2 guys at least have to go. As weak as my starting pitching is, a third may have to go as well, because GioGon (who's currently on the wire) might force my hand with a good first outing. Using a big assumption that Reyes is back for good and Kinsler is going to get hurt again at some point, I feel like EverCab may be more expendable. Desmond has two position eligibility and upside, which makes me want to keep him; I'm not really sure what to do about Austin and Kelly without seeing more at-bats. I am also considering dumping Hart and/or Fowler as their playing time issues leave me frustrated on daily roster settings.

Pitchers wise, the only dumpables are Shields, Joba and Downs. Since my league counts holds, Shields is to Holds as Pai Mei is to the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique. Downs is not only solid but in line for Frasor's position if he blows up and Joba has SP eligibility so I can stick him in for holds all week...this is why I need advice, I can talk myself into keeping anyone.

So which two people on this roster do you get rid of to make room for Reyes and Kinsler? Which third person do you sacrifice for Gio?

Lastly, how do you think this roster stacks up in a 14 team league?

Post subject: Re: Roster thoughts and who to drop
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:50 am 

MelkyDischarge wrote:
I own Kelly Johnson, EverCab and Ian Desmond, so I decided to post after Grey Miss Cleo-ed my middle infield today. I have these guys mostly because I have two DL spots that Kinsler and Reyes are holding down for now.

First my roster, in a 14-team H2H league that DOES count Holds (had to make that clear before someone says "dump Shields you idiot!").

Hitters
C- Jeff Clement
1B- Miguel Cabrera
2B- Ian Desmond (2B/SS)
3B- Kevin Youkilis (1B/3B)
SS- Everth Cabrera
LF- Jason Bay
CF- Alex Rios (CF/RF)
RF- Nick Markakis
UTIL- Johnny Damon
UTIL- Kelly Johnson

Dexter Fowler
Corey Hart
Austin Jackson
DL- Ian Kinsler
DL- Jose Reyes

-Pitchers
SP- Chad Billingsley
SP- Jonathan Sanchez
SP- David Price
SP- Johnny Cueto
RP- Carlos Marmol
RP- Jose Valverde
P- Jason Frasor
P- Scot Shields

Joba Chamberlain (SP)
Scott Downs

As Reyes and Kinsler come off the DL next week, 2 guys at least have to go. As weak as my starting pitching is, a third may have to go as well, because GioGon (who's currently on the wire) might force my hand with a good first outing. Using a big assumption that Reyes is back for good and Kinsler is going to get hurt again at some point, I feel like EverCab may be more expendable. Desmond has two position eligibility and upside, which makes me want to keep him; I'm not really sure what to do about Austin and Kelly without seeing more at-bats. I am also considering dumping Hart and/or Fowler as their playing time issues leave me frustrated on daily roster settings.

Pitchers wise, the only dumpables are Shields, Joba and Downs. Since my league counts holds, Shields is to Holds as Pai Mei is to the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique. Downs is not only solid but in line for Frasor's position if he blows up and Joba has SP eligibility so I can stick him in for holds all week...this is why I need advice, I can talk myself into keeping anyone.

So which two people on this roster do you get rid of to make room for Reyes and Kinsler? Which third person do you sacrifice for Gio?

Lastly, how do you think this roster stacks up in a 14 team league?

Drop your two UTIL men for the hitters. Drop a Holds guy for Gio. I'd go with Shields, but you lose anyone you like, they're Holds guys, doesn't matter.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.