It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Thoughts/opinions on this team?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:03 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

This is a 12 team NL only keeper league with 4X4 roto scoring (HR, BA, Runs, Steals, ERA, WHIP, Wins, Saves). I am new to the league so had to get keepers from an expansion draft and drafted last in the regular (auction) draft. The results were less than optimal. Here is the roster - no bench players, all start:

Hitters:
C Iannetta
1B G Sanchez
2B R Weeks
3B A Ramirez
SS Y Escobar
MI I Desmond
CI C Headley
OF A Rowand
OF J Gomes
OF M Kemp
OF W Harris
Util G Parra
Util J Uribe

Pitchers:
C Kershaw
D Lowe
J O. Sanchez
K Correia
R Dempster
S Romo
T Saito
J Motte

I purposely punted on closers because there were no good ones left and the mediocre ones went for top dollar. No one in the league took any RPs except me so I'm hoping to pick up a newly minted closer if one of mine doesn't get a closer job. Any particular areas I should look to improve in apart from saves - the league is very active in trading. Thanks for looking.

Post subject: Re: Thoughts/opinions on this team?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:12 pm 

Mr. Rickey wrote:
This is a 12 team NL only keeper league with 4X4 roto scoring (HR, BA, Runs, Steals, ERA, WHIP, Wins, Saves). I am new to the league so had to get keepers from an expansion draft and drafted last in the regular (auction) draft. The results were less than optimal. Here is the roster - no bench players, all start:

Hitters:
C Iannetta
1B G Sanchez
2B R Weeks
3B A Ramirez
SS Y Escobar
MI I Desmond
CI C Headley
OF A Rowand
OF J Gomes
OF M Kemp
OF W Harris
Util G Parra
Util J Uribe

Pitchers:
C Kershaw
D Lowe
J O. Sanchez
K Correia
R Dempster
S Romo
T Saito
J Motte

I purposely punted on closers because there were no good ones left and the mediocre ones went for top dollar. No one in the league took any RPs except me so I'm hoping to pick up a newly minted closer if one of mine doesn't get a closer job. Any particular areas I should look to improve in apart from saves - the league is very active in trading. Thanks for looking.

Wow, that doesn't look like a 12 team roster. It looks much deeper, which isn't a great thing. Did your leaguemates not give you a fair start to your team? How do you have some of those hitters in a 12 team league? Your pitchers are pretty bad too. Sorry, this isn't that helpful, but you kinda need everything. Maybe try to trade Weeks before he gets hurt and get better somewhere else on your team.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Post subject: Re: Thoughts/opinions on this team?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:37 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

It was not a fair start because of the way the expansion draft was handled - existing teams were allowed to protect all of their keepers (7 per team!) so there was little to choose from and not much quality in the regular draft. By the time it was my first pick in the regular draft, there was a bidding war for Hawpe. I probably should have passed on the league but now I'm going to try to make the best of it and maybe play for next year once some decent minor leaguers get the call. Believe it or not, i don't think i have the worst team in this league. Thanks for taking a look and I'll check around for what I could get for Rickie. I'm kind of pulling for him to have a good season but he will probably get hurt.