It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 12 team H2H Keeper League 5x5 + OPS/QS
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:02 am 

Yep, QS as a pitching stat. Mixed feelings about it but it is what it is.

C - Posada
1B - Kendry Morales
2B - Ian Stewart
SS - Tejada
3B - Zimmerman
CI - Morneau
MI - Furcal
OF - Bay
OF - Rios
OF - Granderson
OF - Rajai Davis
Util - Vlad Guerrero

Bench - Fox ( C eligibility coming? Will he get enough at bats though to justify holding a spot for him?) Worried about Posada holding up...he wasn't my first choice but was the best left at the time.

Bench - Jelly Kohnson. Just kidding. Kelly Johnson, b/c I don't trust Furcal to hold up and didnt want to leave a bounceback candidate on the wire for too long.

SP - Greinke
SP - Haren
SP - Billingsley
SP - De La Rosa
SP - Latos
SP - Masterson
SP - Slowey
SP - Haraang
SP - Bucholz
SP (RP to be) - Chamberlain
RP - Aardsma
RP - Guerrier

I normally don't draft so much speed and am worried I have too much. Rajai Davis was one of those panic picks that weren't though out.

Should I drop someone to get Baez or wait? Is Joba worth keeping as a reliever? I'm not the type to trade for a closer, I'll watch the wire all season. Unfortunately, I've already seen the show several times and hail from Bodymore so I see it everyday, I meant the waiver wire. I probably can drop Guerrier now, but I typically hang on to 1-2 RP for the K/WHIP.

Also contemplating whether to hold onto Fox/Johnson for now or load up on more RP w/ save chances or low WHIP / high K rates. I'm wondering if I'll need to make a trade for a power bat.

Thanks to anyone who wants to throw their hat in...

shieeeeeeEeeeeet. (go O's)

Post subject: Re: 12 team H2H Keeper League 5x5 + OPS/QS
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:18 am 

Sean - Rod might be the better MI Stashee Im thinking.

Edit: Didn't want to risk a league mate swiping S-Rod so I dropped guerrier for him, figuring no one is going to grab him right away w/ Rauch getting the job. Not sure I need two MI stashees though.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:13 am 

Hmm no responses...so maybe I'll ask a simpler question. Should I target another power bat or just wait and see how things play out with my current team? What is my biggest weakness?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:58 pm 

aclonedsheep wrote:
Yep, QS as a pitching stat. Mixed feelings about it but it is what it is.

C - Posada
1B - Kendry Morales
2B - Ian Stewart
SS - Tejada
3B - Zimmerman
CI - Morneau
MI - Furcal
OF - Bay
OF - Rios
OF - Granderson
OF - Rajai Davis
Util - Vlad Guerrero

Bench - Fox ( C eligibility coming? Will he get enough at bats though to justify holding a spot for him?) Worried about Posada holding up...he wasn't my first choice but was the best left at the time.

Bench - Jelly Kohnson. Just kidding. Kelly Johnson, b/c I don't trust Furcal to hold up and didnt want to leave a bounceback candidate on the wire for too long.

SP - Greinke
SP - Haren
SP - Billingsley
SP - De La Rosa
SP - Latos
SP - Masterson
SP - Slowey
SP - Haraang
SP - Bucholz
SP (RP to be) - Chamberlain
RP - Aardsma
RP - Guerrier

I normally don't draft so much speed and am worried I have too much. Rajai Davis was one of those panic picks that weren't though out.

Should I drop someone to get Baez or wait? Is Joba worth keeping as a reliever? I'm not the type to trade for a closer, I'll watch the wire all season. Unfortunately, I've already seen the show several times and hail from Bodymore so I see it everyday, I meant the waiver wire. I probably can drop Guerrier now, but I typically hang on to 1-2 RP for the K/WHIP.

Also contemplating whether to hold onto Fox/Johnson for now or load up on more RP w/ save chances or low WHIP / high K rates. I'm wondering if I'll need to make a trade for a power bat.

Thanks to anyone who wants to throw their hat in...

shieeeeeeEeeeeet. (go O's)

There was no responses because you posted another response on your original so I didn't see in the unanswered questions. Joba's not worth keeping. You can drop Guerrier. Your team need power.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:23 pm 

Ah, got it, sorry for the confusion. Yeah that is what I thought I needed. I'm thinking SP for OF? Who do you think is my best chip? Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:52 pm 

Bay

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:56 pm 

Hmm, I'm not sure what I could get for him that would improve my power by much. Bay + a SP for a top tier OF? Or what were you thinking? Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:13 pm 

How about SP? Try Haren or Bills and see what you can get.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:53 pm 

That's what I was thinking, I'll try but somehow doubt people will be willing to part with a meaningful bat this early in the season. It looks like I have no more power concerns anyway since Granderson and Posada now project to hit 100% home runs.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:57 pm 

It'd take Greinke to get J. Upton, tempting as he makes a nice keeper and solves the power issue...if a couple of my pitchers break out I should be okay there, but I'm hesitant to part with Greinke, though I know his FIP > ERA last year. Still great Ks... Thoughts?