Auction complete!

Look at my kick ass team! Look at my sorry ass team! Could someone look at my team and tell me what they think is right/wrong?

Auction complete!

Postby Malacoda » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:52 am

Here are my results from the 12th annual auction at my house last weekend. 5 x 5 ten team mixed, 3 keepers. We ate 29 pounds of meat that weekend, and you don't want to know how much booze we drank. We draft the bench, they are assigned a $1 value for keeper purposes. All free agents are given a $1 value. The most expensive player was Hanley $68, shattering our record of $61. Elite hitters generally go for $50-$60 and we seem to undervalue pitching as a group. There have been a couple of waiver moves by me, all free agents are given a value of $1.

Team: Balls Deep

c Mauer (kept $8)
1 Votto (kept $15)
2 Jose Lopez ($12)
ss Ian Desmond ($1)
3 Sandoval (kept $4)
1/3 Adrian Gonzalez ($35)
2/ss EverCab ($1)
O Braun ($53)
O Choo ($18)
O CarGonz ($18)
O G Jones ($3)
O Pierre ($9)
U Kubel ($10)
B Stubbs (drafted, $1)
B Sean Rodriguez (free agency $1)

P FHer ($26)
P Billingsley ($10)
P Scherzer ($5)
P Danks ($1)
P JA Happ ($1)
P B Wilson ($12)
P Soriano ($13)
P Wolf ($1)
P Edwin Jackson (drafted, $1)
DL Lidge ($3)
B Bard (free agency $1)

I need a closer or two (not a big deal to me) and possibly a pitcher. Latos just got dropped by another owner (before the announcement) and is on waivers, but I will likely have to drop Bard and burn my #1 waiver pick to add him. Should I do it?

Re: Auction complete!

Postby nyphilsphan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:31 am

I'd make that drop for Latos. He went for $5 late in my draft; gotta love the park. We both picked up Desmond for a buck, it seems. Your team looks very solid, congrats. I can't do the math in my head, but with Braun @ $53 to assemble that team with 260 is impressive.

CBS H2H Points
C - McCann 1B - Goldschmidt 2B - Kipnis 3B - Mig Cabrera SS - Hardy
OF - Bautista J Upton A Jackson Heyward U - D Brown
SP - C Hamels Darvish Moore Zimmermann Minor
RP - A Reed Lyons

CBS Roto FAAB Auction
C - Napoli 1B - Goldschmidt 2B - Profar 3B - Longoria SS - Desmond MI - Prado CI - K Johnson DH - Moreland U - Aoki
OF - Stanton Trout J Upton J Pierre D Brown
SP - Bailey Kendrick Hellickson Ryu Scherzer Wainwright Cashner Iwakuma
RP - Betancourt League C Perez Jenson

Re: Auction complete!

Postby Malacoda » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:13 am

Thanks for the advice and comments, I think I will grab Latos. We usually have about 5 hitters go for $50+ (Hanley, Pujols), another 5 at $40+ (Howard, Holliday). Lincecum was kept; the most expensive pitcher this season was Halladay at $28. I don't know why, but for whatever reason this group as a whole seems to hate spending money on pitching.

Every three years we purge all the keepers and the owners have to pick new ones off their rosters. I am hoping Desmond and Stubbs pan out for this year and beyond as this is a purge year.

Return to “Roster Rants, Raves, and Review”