It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 11 team Yahoo Keeper - Roger Dorn's..
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:25 pm 

Was hoping to get some feedback on my keeper league team. I had the draft on Sunday and am not completely thrilled. The draft went so heavy on hitting that it forced me into taking a much better pitching staff than I need. I'm looking short on steals, but the other offensive categories should be pretty strong. I know Grey is anti bench hitters, but I like the potential keeper value for Stewart & Snider if things break right for them. I'm also going to have 3 players eligible at 1B, 2B & 3B as soon as Beckham has enough games played at 2nd.. so that should allow for some nice roster flexibility moving forward.

Anyhow, appreciate the feedback from any commenters. It's a 5x5 roto w/ standard Yahoo rosters & scoring. Thanks for the help.

C - Wieters (11th - keeper)
1B - Fielder (1st)
2B - Pedroia (16th - keeper)
3B - Beckham (22nd - keeper)
SS - Al. Escobar (15th)
OF - Holliday (2nd)
OF - Grandy (3rd)
OF - Ethier (4th)
Util - Youk (9th - keeper)
Util - Dunn (6th)
Bench - Stewart (12th)
Bench - Snider (20th)

SP - CC (2nd pick acquired by trade)
SP - Wainy (17th - keeper)
SP - Ubaldo (7th)
SP - Nolasco (8th)
SP - Baker (13th)
SP - Slowey (18th)
CL - Valgreen (10th)
CL - Dotel (14th)
CL - Morales (19th)
CL - Lindstrom (21st)

Thanks guys,

-RDN's

Post subject: Re: 11 team Yahoo Keeper - Roger Dorn's..
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:47 pm 

Roger Dorn's Nemesis wrote:
Was hoping to get some feedback on my keeper league team. I had the draft on Sunday and am not completely thrilled. The draft went so heavy on hitting that it forced me into taking a much better pitching staff than I need. I'm looking short on steals, but the other offensive categories should be pretty strong. I know Grey is anti bench hitters, but I like the potential keeper value for Stewart & Snider if things break right for them. I'm also going to have 3 players eligible at 1B, 2B & 3B as soon as Beckham has enough games played at 2nd.. so that should allow for some nice roster flexibility moving forward.

Anyhow, appreciate the feedback from any commenters. It's a 5x5 roto w/ standard Yahoo rosters & scoring. Thanks for the help.

C - Wieters (11th - keeper)
1B - Fielder (1st)
2B - Pedroia (16th - keeper)
3B - Beckham (22nd - keeper)
SS - Al. Escobar (15th)
OF - Holliday (2nd)
OF - Grandy (3rd)
OF - Ethier (4th)
Util - Youk (9th - keeper)
Util - Dunn (6th)
Bench - Stewart (12th)
Bench - Snider (20th)

SP - CC (2nd pick acquired by trade)
SP - Wainy (17th - keeper)
SP - Ubaldo (7th)
SP - Nolasco (8th)
SP - Baker (13th)
SP - Slowey (18th)
CL - Valgreen (10th)
CL - Dotel (14th)
CL - Morales (19th)
CL - Lindstrom (21st)

Thanks guy,

-RDN's

You look very short on steals, but the rest of the hitting looks fine. Might be a tad low on Runs, but Pedroia and Beckham are helpful there. Your pitching is very strong. With 4 aces and two potential numbers two's, I'd say you're probably too strong on pitching and should be able to trade one.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Post subject: Re: 11 team Yahoo Keeper - Roger Dorn's..
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:03 pm 

Thanks Grey. Your lightning fast response is hugely appreciated. The war room pretty much highlights exactly what you said. I'm at the top of the league in hr's & many pitching cats, but in the bottom 4 in sb's w/ above average runs & rbis. Not ideal. The team just isn't balanced right now which could be a big problem if I can't make the right moves in season. The league is by far my most active league in terms of trades, so I hope to balance things out over time.

I'm hoping to pick up sb's somewhere along the way. SAGNOF worked well for me when I grabbed Rajai Davis last year in this league when he caught fire and made up ground in that category pretty fast. Two teams are projected over 200 sb's and are both short on power and have messy pitching, so they should be good bets for trading partners.

Thanks again,

RDN