It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 16 team 5x5 roto keeper league - Just drafted..uggg
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:45 am 

This is a 16 team, 5x5 roto league. We start C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 4OF, U, 8P and only have 4 bench spots. I kept Votto, zimmerman, and McCutchen, the rest were redrafted. Not real happy with my team, what do I need to look for in a trade or FA pickup?

C - Ianetta
1B - Votto
2B - A. Cabrera
3B - Zimmerman
SS - Furcal
OF - Sizemore
OF - Ethier
OF - McCutchen
OF - Swisher
U - Stubbs
B - Konerko, P. Alverez, and C. Santana (Players can only be kept the following year if drafted this year, took Alverez and Santana at the end of the draft for this reason)

P - Jimmenez
P - Wandy
P - Baker
P - Brett Anderson
P - Broxton
P - Marmol
P - Madson
P - Sherrill
B - J. Sanchez

Post subject: Re: 16 team 5x5 roto keeper league - Just drafted..uggg
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:19 am 

Chilly wrote:
This is a 16 team, 5x5 roto league. We start C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 4OF, U, 8P and only have 4 bench spots. I kept Votto, zimmerman, and McCutchen, the rest were redrafted. Not real happy with my team, what do I need to look for in a trade or FA pickup?

C - Ianetta
1B - Votto
2B - A. Cabrera
3B - Zimmerman
SS - Furcal
OF - Sizemore
OF - Ethier
OF - McCutchen
OF - Swisher
U - Stubbs
B - Konerko, P. Alverez, and C. Santana (Players can only be kept the following year if drafted this year, took Alverez and Santana at the end of the draft for this reason)

P - Jimmenez
P - Wandy
P - Baker
P - Brett Anderson
P - Broxton
P - Marmol
P - Madson
P - Sherrill
B - J. Sanchez

Your pitching staff could be great, but there's definitely some risk there. Furcal's not a great pick, unless he reverts to the guy of three years ago, but I'm assuming that was a punt anyway, so it's fine. Besides the guys you kept, you have a solid outfield. Your team looks like it might struggle on average, but I wouldn't worry about that right now. Your team is low on RBIs and HRs and Steals.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:57 pm 

Had a guy express an interest in Votto for Berkman and a closer. Not doing that. But he also has BJ Upton (who would be an 8th round keeper next year vs Votto as an 10th next year).

Would I be crazy to offer Votto and Stubbs for Berkman, BJ Upton and closer?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:27 pm 

Chilly wrote:
Had a guy express an interest in Votto for Berkman and a closer. Not doing that. But he also has BJ Upton (who would be an 8th round keeper next year vs Votto as an 10th next year).

Would I be crazy to offer Votto and Stubbs for Berkman, BJ Upton and closer?

No, that's a good trade for you.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:30 pm 

He's countered Berkman and BJ Upton for Votto and Stubbs.

Keeper values for next year;
Berkman - 4th Round
UBJ Upton - 8th Round

Votto - 10th Round
Stubbs - 12th Round

Should I pull the trigger?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:17 pm 

Sure, it's solid for you.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:53 am 

He decided to not pull the trigger on the trade.

With Berkman on the DL now, I was thinking it was an opportunity to buy low. Was thinking of offering up Swisher + Sherrill or Konerko +Sherrill for Berkman.

Any thoughts on this idea and who should I offer up first, Swisher or Konerko?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:56 am 

Konerko