It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Knighttown's Team
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:21 am 

Quote:
I apologize up front for this detailed post but since my league does not exist in a vacuum, you fellers need the info. I’ve been looking at the stats for my 11-team, 10 category draft both for the season and the 15 day trend to see if I’m heading in the right direction. It’s looking like a 2 horse race as HE’s at 87.5 and I’m at 83. No one else is over 70. My 7, 15, and 30 day trends are at 90 so things are looking right, but he’s cruising along at 75-85.

My pitching:
SP- Beckett, Vazquez, Oswalt, Weaver, Liriano, Hanson, Jackson, Scherzer
RP- Qualls, Rodney, Frasor

rankings:
Wins-11 season, 11 trend
K’s- 11 season, 11 trend
ERA- 10 season (3.34), 7 trend (2.8…some low ERAs this month)
WHIP- 8 season (1.28), 8 trend (1.18…some low WHIPs this month)
S- 6.5 season, 2.5 trend

I feel I’m close to clinching a 10 or 11 in wins and K’s. Saves, I’m gonna do what I do and vulture my way to middle ground. ERA but mostly WHIP is the key. There are 6 people between 1.28 and 1.29. GOAL-REDUCE WHIP TO 1.25.

Hitting:
OF- Upton, Upton, Braun, Bruce, Choo, Reimold (Bn)
MI- Alexei, Drew, Furcal, Sean Rod (Bn).
CI- Fielder, Teixera, Pujols
U- Chipper
C- Weiters

HR- 11 season, 11 trend and running away
RBI- 10 season, 11 trend and TOP 2 running away
Runs- 10 season, 11 trend and TOP 2 running away
SB- 6 season, 8 trend (BJ Upton)
BA- 2 season (.265), 10 trend (.291)

I could sell power for Avg./Speed.
GOAL- increasing AVg. to .278 moves me from 2nd last to Top5. Trend is good, do I wait.

Questions:
1. Stated goal 1. is to improve WHIP to 1.25. Planning on trading a SP perhaps and spot starting because +100IP. Please rank my SP’s on WHIP only going forward.

2. Goal 2 is to increase BA to .278:
a) Stand pat and hope .291 trend continues
b) Target cheap batting average for Jay Bruce…who?
c) Picked up Furcal off waivers. For you west coasters, is he a guy you’d expect to return to +.300 avg. If I don’t need power, should he play over Sean Rod.

3. Targets for my needs
WHIP- Are there any secret Mr. B’s with SP eligibility I could drop/trade Liriano for to improve my WHIP. I can’t give up the saves so he needs to be a SP/RP guy.
Average/Speed-
Brian Roberts. Which of my SP’s would he be worth and what are your expectations for the year?
Matt Kemp. My main concerns is whether he’ll hit .320 or .280 but the steals will stay. Is Prince too much to offer? Would any of my SP’s + Bruce be enough?
Carl Crawford. Same thing as above. His numbers seem perfect for my team…heavy steals and great average…no HRs. Would Prince be too much again? Bruce + SP?

1. SP- Vazquez, Weaver, Jackson, Oswalt, Beckett, Jackson, Liriano, Hanson...

2. Bruce for.... anyone? Furcal's average should get better.

3. Liriano's droppable with your staff. No idea who's available. You don't need Roberts. You don't need to trade for steals. You have Upton.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

Post subject: Re: Knighttown's Team
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:48 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Thanks Grey. So you don't endorse moving Prince for Craw or Kemp. And it looks like Beckett might be good trade bait down the line...in a "wins" pitcher for a "whip" pitcher sort of way.

CI-Morneau, Wright, Votto
OF- Kemp, BJ Upton, G. Jones, A. Jones, N. Cruz, Fowler
MI-A. Ramirez, Stewart, Asdrubal
U-Ortiz or Berkman

Post subject: Re: Knighttown's Team
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:11 am 

knighttown wrote:
Thanks Grey. So you don't endorse moving Prince for Craw or Kemp. And it looks like Beckett might be good trade bait down the line...in a "wins" pitcher for a "whip" pitcher sort of way.

I wouldn't move Prince for him or Kemp for your team.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.