It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Need help with my team
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:33 am 

Hello from Hong Kong,
Anyways, getting straight to the point... in a 10 team non keeper H2H that counts the following categories (that I hate..)
Batters: R, H, RBI, 2B, HR, K, BB, SB
Pitchers: IP, W, L, SV, H, R, BB, K

My team:
C Posada
1B Fielder
2B Weeks
3B Braun
SS Hanram
OF Rios
OF Beltran
OF Pence
UT Jay Bruce
BN Longoria
BN Figgins

Pitchers:
Zambrano
Javier Vazquez
Pedro
Billingsley
John Maine
Baker
Justin Duschsehskwhatshisname
Kershaw
Jered Weaver
Carpenter (stashed on DL)
Joe Nathan
Valverde
Torres

Anyways... I auto drafted my team since the timing was impossible for me to make it, I made some trades and pickups (isn't so bad with 10 team depth) and ended up with the above. Now, I must admit, this is the first time I've played such a shallow league but I will still put my team above average compared to the others in the same league... I really would appreciate any advice that might improve it further. Trades are quite uncommon - only 7 (3 were mine) but the waiver wire is quite busy.

I'm currently sitting at 9 of 10 (and the 10th is really out of it already) although I did pick up a 10-5 win against the league leader this past week. 22.5 GB from first and 8 from playoff spot, I still think I should be able to give everyone a run for their money.

So, any help will be very appreciated.

Oh, I do have a question regarding Posada: you guys put him at a sell candidate... but I doubt I can move him for anything that I can't pick off the FA pool, should I just keep him? (he did just hit a homerun) I've owned Suzuki and Johjima (autodrafted) in this league earlier and both seems to be worse options than Posada.

Post subject: Re: Need help with my team
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:51 am 

chenemy wrote:
Hello from Hong Kong,
Anyways, getting straight to the point... in a 10 team non keeper H2H that counts the following categories (that I hate..)
Batters: R, H, RBI, 2B, HR, K, BB, SB
Pitchers: IP, W, L, SV, H, R, BB, K

My team:
C Posada
1B Fielder
2B Weeks
3B Braun
SS Hanram
OF Rios
OF Beltran
OF Pence
UT Jay Bruce
BN Longoria
BN Figgins

Pitchers:
Zambrano
Javier Vazquez
Pedro
Billingsley
John Maine
Baker
Justin Duschsehskwhatshisname
Kershaw
Jered Weaver
Carpenter (stashed on DL)
Joe Nathan
Valverde
Torres

Anyways... I auto drafted my team since the timing was impossible for me to make it, I made some trades and pickups (isn't so bad with 10 team depth) and ended up with the above. Now, I must admit, this is the first time I've played such a shallow league but I will still put my team above average compared to the others in the same league... I really would appreciate any advice that might improve it further. Trades are quite uncommon - only 7 (3 were mine) but the waiver wire is quite busy.

I'm currently sitting at 9 of 10 (and the 10th is really out of it already) although I did pick up a 10-5 win against the league leader this past week. 22.5 GB from first and 8 from playoff spot, I still think I should be able to give everyone a run for their money.

So, any help will be very appreciated.

Oh, I do have a question regarding Posada: you guys put him at a sell candidate... but I doubt I can move him for anything that I can't pick off the FA pool, should I just keep him? (he did just hit a homerun) I've owned Suzuki and Johjima (autodrafted) in this league earlier and both seems to be worse options than Posada.

Doubles? That's a random category.

I'd hold onto Posada for now, because, as you said, your league is shallow and you probably couldn't move him anyway with a lack of trades.

Your offense looks way above average and your pitching looks like it is bigger problem of the two. I try not to trade for pitching from a hitting strength. So, honestly, I'd probably hold pat for now. Especially now that your team is turning it around. The only move I'd consider is moving Bruce for a tier two starter, say Harang. Then putting Figgins in UT or a hot guy off waivers.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:18 pm 

Those categories are an abortion to the original concept of rotisserie baseball.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:58 pm 

I really hate it when one of my guys stretch out a double into a triple...

Anyways, I'll try and see if I can flip Jay Bruce for a good pitcher like you said. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:52 pm 

Should I pickup Randy Johnson in place of any of my starters? I've already dropped Weaver for Alexei since Weeks got on the DL

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:00 pm 

I'd probably go with Johnson over Kershaw. But I could see the argument against doing that move as well.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:16 pm 

Doubles category? Try trading for Biggio.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:24 pm 

Chase made a funny.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:05 am 

Your league should add sacrifice flies as a category.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:08 am 

I was thinking catcher's interference and hitting for the cycle