Vólquez

Look at my kick ass team! Look at my sorry ass team! Could someone look at my team and tell me what they think is right/wrong?
cockyphoenix

Vólquez

Postby cockyphoenix » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:55 am

Asked the 'perts about my pitching at the beginning of the season, and I needed to upgrade. Nobody would bite on Vólquez based on his spring training, so I eventually dropped him and traded away Markakis, my only Oriole, for Brett Myers and K-Rod. I traded K-Rod for Alex Ríos because of his ankles a while back. I suck. At least I was able to pick up Guthrie.
OCP... RCL #1

peter
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Re: Vólquez

Postby peter » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:57 am

Could be worse - you could have more Orioles on your team.

cockyphoenix

Postby cockyphoenix » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:57 am

hey now
OCP... RCL #1

redskinsnut

Postby redskinsnut » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:03 am

Do you get bonus points for having Orioles on your team? Look, I am an Orioles fan myself but I don't own any...just the way it worked out. Picking players from your favorite team is one of the oldest mistakes that novice (yes, I said novice) fantasy players make every year.

wb1960
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby wb1960 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:51 am

well I had Markakis and Bedard out there for trade offers a few weeks ago and nobody would bite. I am glad now because Markakis is finally heating up and I still believe Bedard is an ace
12 Team 5x5 Roto standard scoring
C:Suzuki,1B:LaRoche,2B:Hill,3B:Young,SS:E.Aybar,OF:Holliday,Hamilton,Crawford,
DH:Sizemore,UT:Rajai Davis,
SP:Wainwright,J.Vazquez,Danks,J.Sanchez,WayRod,Wells,Myers,RP:Bailey,Broxton,Bell,
J.Johnson,Franklin,BN:Borbon,E.Cabrera,CarGo,Konerko

peter
Razzball Sponsor
Razzball Sponsor

Postby peter » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:00 am

cockyphoenix wrote:hey now

To be fair, Millar has been sitting on the ww in one of my leagues, and I've been considering picking him up for a week or 2. He's already belted 11 HR this year. But then I remember that he hasn't had more than 20 since 2003. Combined w/ Murphy's Law, that means he wit hit another for 50 games if I were to pick him up.

cockyphoenix

Postby cockyphoenix » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:25 am

redskinsnut wrote:Do you get bonus points for having Orioles on your team? Look, I am an Orioles fan myself but I don't own any...just the way it worked out. Picking players from your favorite team is one of the oldest mistakes that novice (yes, I said novice) fantasy players make every year.

It's not like I'm starting Steve Trachsel here. I got Nick Markakis 6th round. I don't overvalue my O's in transactions, just whenever they happen to land on my roster I like it. My affinity for the O's is the least of my worries if I'm opting for Myers over Vólquez and Ríos over K-Rod.

I don't have any Yankees on my team either.
OCP... RCL #1

Return to “Roster Rants, Raves, and Review”