Just got out of my first fantasy hockey draft in like 10 years

News, Injuries, Rosters - All hockey all the time!
RickJamesBetch

Just got out of my first fantasy hockey draft in like 10 years

Postby RickJamesBetch » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:18 pm

It's a 10 category 12 team H2H league with the categories being Goals/Assists/+-/PPP/Hits/Blocks/Wins/Sv %/Gaa/SHO

Since it was my first draft in 10 years, I didn't know shit. When you don't know shit you make it fun. I decided to name my team Thor's Manmer and draft only vikings, that means only full blooded Nordic men whose ancestors went raiding and pillaging the countryside and burninating the peasants.

As an aside, I realize Johansen is technically Canadian born, but let's be real, the blood of Norwegian berserkers runs true in his veins.

C: Ryan Johansen
C: Henrik Sedin
W: Filip Forsberg
W: Lou Eriksson
W: Patric Hornqvist
W: Nikolaf Ehlers
D: Erik Karlsson
D: Oliver Ekman-Larsson
D: Rasmus Ristolainen
UTL: Gustav Nyquist

Hampus Lindholm
Joonas Donskoi
Mikko Koivu

G: Pekka Rinne
G: Frederik Andersen
Kari Lehtonen

It's a 5 man keeper league. Thoughts from the masters themselves? Also who would your 5 keepers be? I was thinking Johansen/Forsberg/Ehlers/Karlsson/Ekman-Larsson.

Viz

Re: Just got out of my first fantasy hockey draft in like 10 years

Postby Viz » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:42 am

Johansen, Forsberg, Karlsson and OEL are automatic keepers to me. The fifth guy is a bit closer; I think it should be either Ehlers or Rinne. Rinne is the ultimate lottery ticket this year, he could end up being a top 3 goalie or he could also fall on his face. Are goalies at a premium in your league? That would make me lean his way but if a lot of goalies come back into the player pool, I'd keep Ehlers.

RickJamesBetch

Postby RickJamesBetch » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:43 am

I fucked up not getting Laine didn't I...

RickJamesBetch

Postby RickJamesBetch » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:31 am

Well seeing as we are pot committed to vikings, I might have to keep Rinne by way of guaranteeing a Nordic netminder. I think the only viable Nordic goalies in the NHL are Lundqvist, Rinne, Tuuka, and Andersen with maybe the Fin duo in Dallas. Are there any up and coming Scandinavian goalies in the league or ones that should be on the radar as prospects?

Return to “Hockey - General Player Discussion”