It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Scraping the bottom of the SAGNOF barrel
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:37 am 

I'm going to follow Grey's advice and draft some RPs as I swing towards the end of my draft since they should mostly be owned and bench bats are so 90s. That said, my research and baseball expertise (ha!) doesn't, in any way, stretch to include the bottom tier closers and MR types. My league doesn't count holds, but I'm ok with some vulture saves and ratio balancing. I was wondering if some of you guys would be willing to do a quick rank 'em for the following barrel scrapings...

Matt Thornton
Fernando Rodney
Kevin Gregg
Jason Frasor
Scott Downs
Ryan Madson
Joba Chamberlain (since Hughes seems to be in for the 5th spot)
Daniel Bard
Takahashi Saito

We're currently drafting the 16th round, so I have 8 rounds to add a couple more relief types on spec. I only have Marmol and Lindstom rostered so far, so adding some speculative RP types seems like a good idea.

Post subject: Re: Scraping the bottom of the SAGNOF barrel
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:30 am 

Fenris-77 wrote:
I'm going to follow Grey's advice and draft some RPs as I swing towards the end of my draft since they should mostly be owned and bench bats are so 90s. That said, my research and baseball expertise (ha!) doesn't, in any way, stretch to include the bottom tier closers and MR types. My league doesn't count holds, but I'm ok with some vulture saves and ratio balancing. I was wondering if some of you guys would be willing to do a quick rank 'em for the following barrel scrapings...

Matt Thornton
Fernando Rodney
Kevin Gregg
Jason Frasor
Scott Downs
Ryan Madson
Joba Chamberlain (since Hughes seems to be in for the 5th spot)
Daniel Bard
Takahashi Saito

We're currently drafting the 16th round, so I have 8 rounds to add a couple more relief types on spec. I only have Marmol and Lindstom rostered so far, so adding some speculative RP types seems like a good idea.

Gregg, Madson, Rodney, Downs...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:12 am 

Thanks! Now the trick, given how meh those options are what round do you think you'd move on them? I realize that's dependant on my specific draft to a great extent, so I'm asking more in general.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:12 am 

Last rounds...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:18 am 

Cool. I have a related RP question. I thought Neftali Feliz was going to be starting, but it appears that won't be the case (at least according to a recent ESPN piece). If Feliz is going be a reliever, where would you slot him into that list above?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:04 am 

Before Rodney...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:10 am 

Awesome, thanks again. :mrgreen:

Thanks as well for being such a formative influence on my fantasy baseball vocab too. I read your stuff more than anyone elses heading into my draft, and I find myself salting my forum posts with schmohawk, doode, SAGNOF, portmanteau and a bunch of other stuff. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:00 pm 

According to the Jays twitter monkey Jordan Bastian, Cito just said that he's leaning toward leaving Frasor in with the closer gig, saying "he hasn't done anything to lose it" (about 10 minutes ago). Since Frasor is a better pitcher than Gregg, how much do you bump Frasor's value if this is accurate?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:22 pm 

Yeah, he hasn't done anything to lose it in the last ten minutes. Joking. Frasor gets bumped up to the bottom of the donkeycorns if it's him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:36 pm 

I hate Cito. Fakking hate him. Grrr.

Thanks though, I can live with trial donkeycorn status. Had I known this about an hour ago I would have drafted Frasor based on the tweet, and I don't even want to think about how that makes me look. :lol: