It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: SAGNOF stories
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:36 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

The closer turnover seems to frustrate most of the fantasy community while I'm sure almost everyone regularly in this forum is dominating saves. In my 16 team money league I have 120. Next guy has 60. How much are you owning everyone else in saves right now?

C: Lucroy
1B: Prince
2B: Rutledge
3B: MiniDonk
SS: Segura
CI: AuShmidt
MI: Bcrawford
LF: Jennings
CF: Jones
RF: Soo Choo
Util: McCutchen
BN (5 total): none
DL (2 max): none

SP (2): Peavy, Ryu
RP (2): rivera, league
P (5): frieri, street, perkins, balfour, henderson,
BN (5 total): Neise, Jo-fer, Cingrani, Hughes, Dubrount
DL (2 max): Liriano

Post subject: Re: SAGNOF stories
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:26 pm 

And who'd you draft?

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:51 pm 

I'm getting owned in mine because I drafted Farnsworth, Santos, and Walden. I did pick up a couple guys that got saves but I'm getting spanked. This year is a weird one and if you're doing good in the category. A: you got lucky that you didn't get an injured closer. B: You were quick to pick up the right guy. C: There is no C

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:44 pm 

You know how everyone has an equal shot at getting guys on the wire? When the rest of your league is very active, you need some luck.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:44 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Drafted Motte, Betencourt, Jim Johnson, Reed, and Broxton. A bit lucky that none have gone down, perhaps, but all were drafted late and all but broxton were traded pretty early.

Current roster is Broxton, Casilla, Cook, Soriano, Marmol, Burton, and Frank Frank DLed. I guess it helps that we have 5 bench spots...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:03 am 

"SAGNOF Stories" sounds like a bad Woody Allen film...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:08 pm 

Chunk wrote:
The closer turnover seems to frustrate most of the fantasy community while I'm sure almost everyone regularly in this forum is dominating saves. In my 16 team money league I have 120. Next guy has 60. How much are you owning everyone else in saves right now?

How are you sitting in the overall standings? Holding a 60 save lead is pretty worthless if you could be trading a closer or two for stats you could actually use.

P's Scherzer, Samardzija, Ogando, Nathan, Perez, Hanrahan, Betancourt, Fujikawa (DL), Streamer, Streamer

12-Tm Mixed league(OBP): Three Out Rally
C-Perez, 1B Votto, 2B Rutledge, SS Castro, 3B Longoria, MI (rotating door), CI I. Davis, OF Jennings, OF Choo, OF Aioki, OF Morse, OF Cruz, UT Moss, UT Cain, BN Young Jr., BN Bonifacio, BN Schierholtz, BN J. Francisco
P's- Bumgarner, Zimmerman, Ryu, Estrada, Lincecum, Quintana, Chapman, Holland, Wilhelmsen, League, Francisco (DL)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:11 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

It's a points league. Each stat is worth x number of points (a save is 4 points) and the team with the most points to end the season wins. I'm destroying everyone in this league.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:50 am 

Well don't pat yourself on the back too hard, Chunk. You could be in my league where saves are more valuable than sleep.