It is currently Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:27 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: which dud do i drop first? Hrod or Cishek?
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:26 pm 

Thanks.

YEAR #27 of the league (high school freshman at birth) yeah you heard it, one of the oldest in the world for sure
C: Ramos $2 and Castro $2 (both keepers)
CI: Votto $23 (kept), Fielder $37 and R Zimmerman $15
MI: Tulo $29 and Hanley $20 (both keepers) and Rendon $2
OF: Beltran $7 (kept), Kemp $31, Cuddyer $11, C Crisp $4, Yelich $5
WM: Bogaerts $12
Taxis: Rajai DAvis, Grady Sizemore, Todd Fraizer

SP: Kershaw $26, MadBum $17, Sale $7, Latos $12 (all keepers), Iwakuma $2, Y Ventura $2, M Harvey $2
RP: Cishek $8 (kept), Nate Jones $19
Taxis: S Santos, Alex Wood, Lincecum, Ian Kennedy

Post subject: Re: which dud do i drop first? Hrod or Cishek?
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:33 pm 

I'd drop them both. I was about to say HRod but changed my mind as I started writing. Heath Bell seems to be coming around more and never really lost his job...he just sort of took a break. HRod has great stuff when he's on...it's just that his control has been absolutely lousy as of late. The Nationals will use a closer by committee until Storen is ready...that is likely...Clippard got a save yesterday...I'd rather have Clippard than either of your guys by the way...anyway, if HRod can even show a little bit of consistency he might get the temp job back...Cisek has a seemingly healthy Bell in front of him.

I'm sure you can do better than Cisek or HRod on your wire...seriously...take a chance on someone else...even Clippard...Frieri earned his first save with the Angels today...the Angels aren't hitting well enough to get a lot of chances but I'd rather have Frieri and Clippard (in that order) over HRod and Cishek right now...or take a flier on Sean Burnett with the Nationals...

..get rid of both your duds

C - empty (will pick up a hot catcher when ready)
1B - E. Hosmer
2B - J. Kipnis
SS - T. Tulowitzki
3B - A. Beltre
OF - M. Trout, A. McCutchen, J. Upton
UTIL - G. Stanton, A. Rizzo, B. Harper, empty slot

PITCHERS: SP - S. Strasburg, A. Wainwright, G. Gonzalez, H. Iwakuma, S. Miller, K. Medlen, H. Ryu, M. Garza, A. Cobb, H. Bailey, R. Porcello, M. Estrada, W. Peralta, S. Gray, E. Ramirez
RP - A. Chapman, A. Reed, J. Benoit
N/A slot: M. Pineda. DL - C. Maybin, M. Moore

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:39 pm 

Hear ya, but I have limited waiver wire picks (3 left for the season, 10 for year, yeah I blew a few on Cishek etc). It's really a different game if you play in a keeper league with weekly lineups and limited FAs.

I have Frieri and am very hopeful. The guy looks like the second coming of Krod. I have to drop a guy before Monday because I just did a trade that netted me an excess player (23 max on roster). Think I'll drop Hrod. I just can't see myself trusting him again even if it looks like he might get a couple of closing chances. Seeing him out there in junk time today nearly gave me a stroke. consider myself lucky that he only gave up a HR and a walk. Luckily Pence made an ill-advised steal attempt or it would've been much much worse.

Storen's return will shut down any possibility too ... while Bell has a whole year to fuck up again.

YEAR #27 of the league (high school freshman at birth) yeah you heard it, one of the oldest in the world for sure

SP: Kershaw $26, MadBum $17, Sale $7, Latos $12 (all keepers), Iwakuma $2, Y Ventura $2, M Harvey $2

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:44 pm 

If you have limited moves, I'd stop using them on potential closers... H-Rod is the guy to lose first though, definitely...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:45 pm 

BTW, that's pretty cool how long your league has been around...

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:23 pm 

Hey Grey. Yeah we all get together from across the country every year to draft. We all went to Laguna Beach High School. I'm a couple of years younger than the core group so I got started a bit late. I also took a 10 plus year hiatus when I was too busy for my own good in NYC, so I haven't done all 27 years, probably a little less than half of them. But I only got into it on a deep level two and a half years ago.

Believe it or not, there are two guys who have been in the league for all 27 years and have yet to win! And believe me, they live in shame. We have this massive 4 foot tall trophy with a lacquered kids glove spiked on the top. In the glove is a musty 10 plus year old bottle of Yohoo, our totem. The winner every year gets drenched in Yohoo as reward. The winner also gets his team name engraved on a metal plaque on the trophy and gets to keep the trophy for the whole year. It's obviously a big deal (to us). Most of us have boys, and there is no doubt the next generation will carry the legacy onwards.

There's a true sorcerer type in our league who is going for a unprecedented four-peat. Three-peats were previously unprecedented. The guy has huge karma likely due to having named his team after the mentally disabled sweetheart man-child ball boy for LBHS sports teams who shouts to anyone he greets "Have a Homerun Day!". I suspect he has set up an altar for him. For instance he picked up Aceves, Rodney and Casilla this year before anyone could touch them. That kind of guy. I could go on detailing the crazy good luck he has had ...

I'm in first now by 12 points over him. I have a good shot. Last year I should have won and was in first for 90% of the year. My pitching was devasted tho ... JJ, Hanson, Brett Anderson and others lost to injury. I traded for Ubaldo and Billz, giving away Ian Kennedy (at the midway point). This year tho I am much smarter, thanks in large part to you and the razzball community.

Whoah, I just wrote a novel .... thought you all would like to hear a little history I guess. And maybe inspire some youngsters

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:00 am 

Really cool man... ...and good luck this year...and if things don't pan out, hey you have another year to look forward to in a very special league... ...I've played a little fantasy hockey, fantasy football, won my first fantasy basketball league this past season...first time in fantasy baseball...bigger learning curve than the rest...nice to see such stories of special and long-time leagues such as yours...keep it going...that's AWESOME!

C - empty (will pick up a hot catcher when ready)
1B - E. Hosmer
2B - J. Kipnis
SS - T. Tulowitzki
3B - A. Beltre
OF - M. Trout, A. McCutchen, J. Upton
UTIL - G. Stanton, A. Rizzo, B. Harper, empty slot

PITCHERS: SP - S. Strasburg, A. Wainwright, G. Gonzalez, H. Iwakuma, S. Miller, K. Medlen, H. Ryu, M. Garza, A. Cobb, H. Bailey, R. Porcello, M. Estrada, W. Peralta, S. Gray, E. Ramirez
RP - A. Chapman, A. Reed, J. Benoit
N/A slot: M. Pineda. DL - C. Maybin, M. Moore