It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Cishek and crazy like a fox Ozzie
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 12:20 pm 

Got into a long debate with Mr Lang about Mujica vs Cishek and which one Ozzie favors as a replacement for Bell. Mr Lang opined that Ozzie's use of Mujica in the 8th meant that he, not cishek, was at least slightly favored. I countered that Ozzie was using cishek as the closer for his closer. Crazy like a fox that Ozzie, and Cishek has indeed saved (and won) two games for Ozzie, cleaning up bell's messes. I am now 100% certain it's Cishek over Mujica. Last nights game made it clear. He did not use Cishek in the 8th, tho Mujica was out and he was unequivocally the best available arm. He kept him warm for Bell's inevitable failure (Ozzie has been quoted saying he fully expects Bell to fail again) and the tactic paid off handsomely. This situation highlights the dangers of assuming that the 8th inning guy is the closer in waiting. Many times, the 8th inning guy IS the 8th inning guy. Now Mr Lang does not always make this assumption, but he has clung tenaciously to his argument that Mujica is the favored closing arm. MAYBE because Cishek went 3 innings last night Mujica gets the shot tonight, and if he does well, perhaps Ozzie just rolls with him. But for sure in my mind, Ozzie's moves have made it clear that Cishek is his closer and he will likely move from the closer for the closer to the closer period. Mr Lang?

YEAR #27 of the league (high school freshman at birth) yeah you heard it, one of the oldest in the world for sure
C: Ramos $2 and Castro $2 (both keepers)
CI: Votto $23 (kept), Fielder $37 and R Zimmerman $15
MI: Tulo $29 and Hanley $20 (both keepers) and Rendon $2
OF: Beltran $7 (kept), Kemp $31, Cuddyer $11, C Crisp $4, Yelich $5
WM: Bogaerts $12
Taxis: Rajai DAvis, Grady Sizemore, Todd Fraizer

SP: Kershaw $26, MadBum $17, Sale $7, Latos $12 (all keepers), Iwakuma $2, Y Ventura $2, M Harvey $2
RP: Cishek $8 (kept), Nate Jones $19
Taxis: S Santos, Alex Wood, Lincecum, Ian Kennedy

Post subject: Re: Cishek and crazy like a fox Ozzie
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 6:37 pm 

It looks like I won Mr Lang. Was confident all along. Recognition would be nice. "With manager Ozzie Guillen removing Heath Bell from the team's closing duties, reliever Steve Cishek is expected to see the majority of save chances for the time being, reports the South Florida Sun Sentinel. Cishek pitched three innings of relief in Friday night's win over the Padres, earning his fourth win of the season. He is 4-0 with a 0.63 ERA over 14 1/3 innings this year."

YEAR #27 of the league (high school freshman at birth) yeah you heard it, one of the oldest in the world for sure

SP: Kershaw $26, MadBum $17, Sale $7, Latos $12 (all keepers), Iwakuma $2, Y Ventura $2, M Harvey $2

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:14 am 

As a person who lives in south florida, and who also agrees that cishek will be the closer.....dont use the sunsentinel as a source.

Find an AP or miami herald source. Sun Sentinel is the laughing stock of news papers down here, and Dave Hyde is the only person on the payroll worth a damn(and he has been subpar lately).

edit: eventhough I agree with them here. The sunsentinel fucking sucks.

2b- Cuddyer
3b- Moustakas
ss- Alexei Ramirez
of- Granderson
of- Pence
of- Bj Upton
util- Trout
util- Craig
bn- Ackley
bn- Swisher
bn- Garnder
DL- Sandoval

Sp- Garza
Sp- Beachy
Rp- Casilla
rp- Robertson
p- Moore
p- Benoit
p- Chapman
p- Myers
bn- Lynn
bn- Garcia

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:08 pm 

Roger that on the crappy paper. Mujica in there now for the save. Cishek unavail after 3 innings on Friday. Worry here is that Ozzie just rolls with the guy who is getting it done ... luck and timing are the enemies of all plans.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:14 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Wow...So i picked up Cishek and Cashner yesterday and of course the one who craps all over my stats is the only guy that pitches. I give up closers!!!

I may get better stats dropping every closer i got and picking up nothing but set up guys. They'll probably get more saves than the yahoos I've been playing with.

C: Castro 1B: Pujols 2B: Espinosa 3B: Aviles SS: Tulo OF: Trout, Aoki, Crisp UTIL: Denorfia
BN: DL: Zimmerman, Bruce

SP: Teheran, Sanchez RP: Reed, Janssen P: Tillman, Porcello, Iwakuma
BN: Cobb, Wheeler, Hutchinson, Fister, Liriano DL: Lindstrom