Rockies closer situation...

Steals/Saves Ain't Got No Face. Closers and speed talk. Which MRs are moving in? Which schmohawk speedster is getting steals at MI?
ProjectBadass

Rockies closer situation...

Postby ProjectBadass » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:03 pm

Since Street and Corpas have been struggling, and Grilli got the save opportunity today, will Grilli see more save opportunities down the road or was it just a one day thing? Rotowire.com said Grilli had "the benefit of circumstance," but he has been pitching pretty well, do you think he is a worth a pick up if I have an extra roster spot?

DeadEndKid

Re: Rockies closer situation...

Postby DeadEndKid » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:20 pm

I wouldn't put any stock in Grilli. Corpas had already pitched in the game (and well at that).
C - Inge 1B - Berkman 2B - Uggla SS - A. Ramirez 3B - Wright OF - Beltran, Choo, Victorino Util - Zimmerman
SP - Haren, Shields, Vazquez, Lilly, Slowey
RP - Fuentes, Ziegler, Franklin, Hawkins
5x5 12-team No-Keeper

ProjectBadass

Postby ProjectBadass » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:47 pm

So do you think Corpas is going to take over the closer role or is it too early to tell?

DeadEndKid

Postby DeadEndKid » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:56 am

If he's available I think he's definitely worth rostering but the Rockies probably really want Street to assert himself as a closer to up his trade value. That said, he is continues this I can see Corpas getting the nod fairly soon.
C - Inge 1B - Berkman 2B - Uggla SS - A. Ramirez 3B - Wright OF - Beltran, Choo, Victorino Util - Zimmerman
SP - Haren, Shields, Vazquez, Lilly, Slowey
RP - Fuentes, Ziegler, Franklin, Hawkins
5x5 12-team No-Keeper

Return to “Baseball - SAGNOF”