It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Lolhamburger H2H Playoff Thread
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:44 pm 

Just made my pregame roster moves.

1. Dropped Dusty Ryan for John Baker. Note to all: John Baker is hitting second behind Hanley Ramirez tonight in Florida's lineup. In terms of opportunity, it will be harder to find a better C plug-in for tonight.

2. Dropped Nelson Cruz for Micah Hoffpauir. Could go either way with this one. In the end, I figured that I rather have the guy facing Jeff Suppan than the guy facing John Lackey. I understand, of course, that John Lackey is not likely to go into deep innings.

3. I dropped Eugenio Velez for Ramon Santiago. I do not feel strongly one way or another about this move. All I know is that Ramon Santiago has been batting well lately and is definitely playing tonight. Now, Eugenio Velez will probably play tonight also, but why take the chance? The only potential downside that I see is that I have 5 players committed to the Detroit-Tampa game. I usually hate to do that, but barring some pitching or weather related issue, I think that it probably does not make a difference to overload on one game.

4. My opponent has Andy Sonnanstine, Scot Lewis, Bronson Arroyo and Kyle Davies going tonight. I have Chris Volstad, Braden Looper, Alfredo Aceves and Josh Geer. Who knows what will happen?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:01 pm 

Quote:
1. Dropped Dusty Ryan for John Baker. Note to all: John Baker is hitting second behind Hanley Ramirez tonight in Florida's lineup. In terms of opportunity, it will be harder to find a better C plug-in for tonight.
That is a quality lineup spot. I haven't mentioned this before, but I'm actually surprised you can pick people up this late prior to a game. This could get really abused in some leagues with streamers.
Quote:
2. Dropped Nelson Cruz for Micah Hoffpauir. Could go either way with this one. In the end, I figured that I rather have the guy facing Jeff Suppan than the guy facing John Lackey. I understand, of course, that John Lackey is not likely to go into deep innings.
I think this is a good move.
Quote:
4. My opponent has Andy Sonnanstine, Scot Lewis, Bronson Arroyo and Kyle Davies going tonight. I have Chris Volstad, Braden Looper, Alfredo Aceves and Josh Geer. Who knows what will happen?
I do!

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:14 pm 

Just grabbed Moyer, Maddux, Bush and Smith for tomorrow's games. Also discovered that ESPN seems to be earlier with posting each game's starting lineup than Yahoo. Gotta remember that.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:16 pm 

Weird start to the FLA-NYM game:

- H. Ramirez singled to right
- H. Ramirez stole second
- H. Ramirez scored
- Batter singled to left
- J. Cantu doubled to left, J. Baker to third

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:19 pm 

Lolhamburger wrote:
Just grabbed Moyer, Maddux, Bush and Smith for tomorrow's games. Also discovered that ESPN seems to be earlier with posting each game's starting lineup than Yahoo. Gotta remember that.

ESPN's better in every way. Not sure who decided fantasy baseball sites should be using Yahoo, but I'm going to see if I can switch this in the offseason.

Pelfrey's getting owned so far. Also, I love how Keith Hernandez laughed at Darling then apologized to Mets fans.

EDIT: how to who.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:28 am 

Ok, lots happening in my finals matchup today. At the end of last night, the score was 6-4 with me winning. The breakdown is as follows:

Rs 91-84 (losing)
HRs 22-25 (winning)
RBIs 84-88 (winning)
SBs 11-10 (losing)
AVG .275-.289 (winning)

Ks 146-169 (winning)
Wins 9-12 (winning)
Saves 4-8 (winning)
ERA 4.23-4.84 (losing)
WHIP 1.39-1.52 (losing)

1. This morning, my opponent dropped all of his closers. They are on waivers now and will not be available this season again. In response, I have also dropped all of my closers.

2. My opponent has replaced all of his closers with SPs for today and tomorrow. I have matched in response. At this point, I would rather keep blowing my ERA and WHIP than risk letting him take Ks and wins. All of the SPs are now gone.

3. For today, I am going with Moyer, Maddux, Smith, Backe, Parr and Parrish. For tomorrow, I have the choice of going with Ohlendorf, Dickey, Hampton, Pettyjohn, Baek, Miner, Outman, Duckworth and Lincecum. For today, my opponent has Lannan, Rowland-Smith, Ponson and Perkins. For tomorrow, he has R. Johnson, Baker, Kuroda, Litsch, W. Rodriguez, Millwood and Marquis. Since he dropped his closers first, he obviously beat me to the better pitchers for tomorrow. All I can say is that it is going to be ugly.

4. Tactically speaking, I should have dropped Broxton and Wheeler last night and picked up Baker and another pitcher, probably W. Rodriguez. The Dodgers and the Rays have nothing to play for today or tomorrow.

5. J. Baker is batting second today, though it is against J. Santana. Still using him though. Got to make sure that I have a catcher that will actually be playing.

6. Speaking of making sure that I have players playing, I am carrying N. Cruz, F. Lopez and Garko on my bench right now. I do not know if B.J. Upton, Bartlett and Longoria will be playing, so I want to make sure that I have alternatives so that I do not leave myself with too much gap. I intentionally did not pick up Shealy for this purpose because his game is in the afternoon, and I need players that will be playing in later games for substitution purposes. In hindsight, I should have picked up Velez for the MI eligibility. If Bartlett and B.J. Upton both side, I will have an unused spot.

7. Two more days. Just need to hang on! Doing the best that I can.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:50 pm 

Just made some more roster adjustments. B.J. Upton and Bartlett are both not playing, so I screwed up by not picking up an extra MI player. I took out Bartlett and inserted F. Lopez, who is playing tonight. Longoria is playing. I was bit surprised at that. Glad to see Mi. Cabrera and Santiago playing also. I was also suprised to see Rios not playing. I took him out and plugged in N. Cruz. The last call was more difficult to make. I still had Garko on my bench, and he is definitely playing tonight. The only logical switchout was Garko for Teixeira, whose game is later. Being unsure whether Teixeira would play tonight, I made the decision to sit Teixeira in favor of the guy who is definitely playing. I hate to miss out on any Teixeira's at bats, considering how well he has been playing lately (a very underreported story). But at the same time, it is not as if Garko has been playing poorly himself.

The rained out game between the Yankees and the Red Sox meant that my opponent lost some at bats for Cano. Ditto with A. Ramirez sitting for the Cubs today.

The win by the Phillies is going to be pretty significant for me. First, I got a win from Moyer. Second, it means that, in all likelihood, Howard, Rollins and Werth will not be playing tomorrow. Those are three guys for my opponent. I will probably lose the services of Victorino, but would definitely be getting the better end of that trade-off.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:15 pm 

Since I grabbed all of the remaining SPs for tomorrow. My opponent grabbed Balfour and C. Perez for tomorrow. I have a 4 saves lead. I should be ok.

Boston and New York play two tomorrow. Hard to think of who I can pick up that would be available. I grabbed Ransom, figuring that he has a shot to play both games with Jeter being injured. On the Boston side, it is hard to see anyone playing in both games. Kotsay, Casey and Crisp are available. Crisp is semi-injured, so I am staying away. Kotsay and Casey are old, and I cannot think of any reason why those two should play two games tomorrow.

Will update later tonight. My team has not been playing well today. Not liking how the games are developing. Choo is just killing me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:41 pm 

Quote:
I hate to miss out on any Teixeira's at bats, considering how well he has been playing lately (a very underreported story).
I can only speak for myself, but I rarely talk about the obvious. Like Jose Reyes, for instance. He's probably my favorite player currently playing. I never talk about him. I took him as high as 2nd in some leagues and I haven't been disappointed at all. But really what's to say? He's awesome. I love him. It gets boring and it's not very useful for readers, IMO. With that said, Tex has been great.
Quote:
The rained out game between the Yankees and the Red Sox meant that my opponent lost some at bats for Cano. Ditto with A. Ramirez sitting for the Cubs today.
Yeah, but is this going to really get you tomorrow if these guys play two?

Quote:
The win by the Phillies is going to be pretty significant for me. First, I got a win from Moyer. Second, it means that, in all likelihood, Howard, Rollins and Werth will not be playing tomorrow. Those are three guys for my opponent. I will probably lose the services of Victorino, but would definitely be getting the better end of that trade-off.
Wow, that's awesome. That is really huge.

Lolhamburger wrote:
I grabbed Ransom, figuring that he has a shot to play both games with Jeter being injured. On the Boston side, it is hard to see anyone playing in both games. Kotsay, Casey and Crisp are available. Crisp is semi-injured, so I am staying away. Kotsay and Casey are old, and I cannot think of any reason why those two should play two games tomorrow.
I think Ransom, Casey and Kotsay could all see both games.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:07 am 

Scoring update after Saturday, September 27. 13 days down. 1 day to go. Score is 6-4. I'm still winning. The scoring in each of the categories remains very close. I like my chances, but this thing isn't over yet. Here is the breakdown:

Rs 84-91 (will lose this)
HRs 22-25 (winning and hope to hold on, it will help if the Phillies sit Howard)
RBIs 84-88 (winning at the moment, but fell behind at some point yesterday, so this is at risk)
SBs 11-10 (actually tied this category up yesterday but fell behind again on a Lance Berkman SB, tie = win for me and would be huge)
AVG .275-.289 (winning, have not done the math to see likelihood of being overtaken, probably will not see much movement with 586 at bats in the book already)

Ks 160-177 (winning, I have 9 SPs going today, my opponent has 6 SPs going today, his group is better)
Wins 10-14 (winning, if I get 2 wins from 9 SPs, this category is mine)
Saves 4-8 (will win this, my opponent has Balfour and C. Perez going, but that's not going to make a difference)
ERA 4.28-5.06 (will lose this)
WHIP 1.42-1.52 (will lose this)

Gotta run! Should be interesting today!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next