It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Lolhamburger H2H Playoff Thread
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:59 am 

Awesome, can't wait to hear the results.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:14 am 

Midday moves:

1. Rios is playing so he is back in. Victorino is not playing so he is out. That Phillies lineup looks completely unrecognizable.

2. B.J. Upton is playing so be is back in. Longoria is playing today as well. Not sure if they will get pulled early, but I am willing to take the chance if they are starting.

3. Bartlett is not playing so Random gets slotted in. He is playing in the first game at least. The second game will be bonus.

4. Took Hoffpauir out in favor of Teixeira today. Hoffpauir is playing, but I think that facing Sabathia is a tie-breaker. I will take the risk that Teixeira sits.

5. Dunn hit #40 yesterday! I made only on projection this entire year, and it was that Dunn will hit exactly 40 HRs. If he hits another one today, I will be 0% accurate. If he does not, then I will be 100% accurate. Awesome. By the way, I obtained Dunn in a trade on May 11 in which I gave up Jurrjens, Sherrill and Franklin. Dunn's line since that trade: 62/34/82/1/.243. Yeah, I'd take those 34 HRs, thank you very much. Dunn seems to be always undervalued because of his batting average, but he is a perfect source of mid-rounds power for those who draft speed or pitching early on. And that batting average is not a crushing drain when everything is counted. During the regular season, I was second in my league in HRs and AVG, even with someone like Dunn on my roster.

6. Oops. Looks like my opponent left Howard, Rollins and Werth in his lineup. Disappointing, to be honest. We've had a good battle so far.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:18 am 

Actually, before I criticize others, I should note that I fell asleep on pitching a bit. My opponent grabbed Guzman, Bullington and Kendrick last night. So it will be his 9 SPs again my 9 SPs today. I have an 18 Ks lead and a 4 wins lead. Not insurmountable, for sure. Hope some of my 9 guys can last long enough to get some Ks and wins. It would be sucky to lose 4-6 in the end if I get overtaken in pitching.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:39 am 

Lolhamburger wrote:

5. Dunn hit #40 yesterday! I made only on projection this entire year, and it was that Dunn will hit exactly 40 HRs. If he hits another one today, I will be 0% accurate. If he does not, then I will be 100% accurate. Awesome. By the way, I obtained Dunn in a trade on May 11 in which I gave up Jurrjens, Sherrill and Franklin. Dunn's line since that trade: 62/34/82/1/.243. Yeah, I'd take those 34 HRs, thank you very much. Dunn seems to be always undervalued because of his batting average, but he is a perfect source of mid-rounds power for those who draft speed or pitching early on. And that batting average is not a crushing drain when everything is counted. During the regular season, I was second in my league in HRs and AVG, even with someone like Dunn on my roster.

I love Dunn and he's way undervalued because of his average. People seem to look down on someone that doesn't hit for average, but love people who do very little of everything, such as Yunel Escobar.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:50 pm 

It's done and I've managed to keep my lead. The final score will be 6-4. The exact breakdown may still change depending on whether Cano adds to his stats, but with the score tied 3-3 at the bottom of the 10th inning, I think that it's safe to call the game.

Here is the current (and perhaps final) breakdown:

Runs: 102-101 (lost, almost had this won if Cano had not scored in the second game)
HRs: 25-30 (won)
RBIs: 94-100 (won)
SBs: 14-12 (lost, Rollins and Werth combined for 8 SBs for my opponent)
AVG: .274-.283 (won)

Ks: 205-216 (won, but it was close until Lincecum helped me pull away)
Wins: 13-16 (won, again this got close during the day)
Saves: 4-8 (won)
ERA: 3.75-4.96 (lost)
WHIP: 1.27-1.48 (lost)

More to following...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:13 pm 

That's very cool. Congrats!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:18 pm 

I'm posting in pieces because I don't want to have any problems that would require me to lose and need to retype an entire post.

Please see my comment on the Razzball front page for my thanks.

Here are some interesting tidbits from the finals matchup:

1. I nominate Miguel Cabrera as my finals MVP for batting. I traded away C.C. Sabathia, Erik Bedard and Carlos Beltran for him before the start of the season (mostly because I was running up against the keeper limit of 5). During the past two weeks, he gave me 9/4/11/0/.333. Runners up include Evan Longoria, who gave me 9/5/11/0/.234 even though I had dropped him at one point during the playoffs, Mark Teixeira, who gave me 7/3/8/0/.405, and Shane Victorino, who gave me 6/2/3/4/.422.

2. 101/30/100/12/.283. That is my cumulative batting line for the past two weeks with 635 at bats. 92/37/106/14/.285. That is Ryan Braun's season with 607 at bats. I'm not sure what my point is, but there's a point here somewhere.

3. Blech. My pitching totally sucked in the past two weeks. Counting only pitchers that started at least two games, Jamie Moyer would be my finals MVP for pitching. He gave me 1.50 ERA, 1.17 WHIP, 5 Ks and 2 wins. The runner-up would be Scott Baker, who gave me 3.86 ERA, 1.11 WHIP, 9 Ks and 1 win. How did the "studs" do? Tim Lincecum gave me 28 Ks, sure, but also gave me only 1 win, 4.66 ERA and 1.24 WHIP. Scott Kazmir gave me 15 Ks, 1 win, 8.36 ERA and 1.71 WHIP. Chad Billingsley gave me 10 Ks, 1 win, 5.91 ERA and 1.97 WHIP.

4. None of my closers gave me more than 1 save over the two-week period, other than Brian Fuentes, who gave me 3 saves. Those 3 saves also came with 8 Ks, 6.75 ERA and 1.75 WHIP.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:29 pm 

Quote:
1. I nominate Miguel Cabrera as my finals MVP for batting. I traded away C.C. Sabathia, Erik Bedard and Carlos Beltran for him before the start of the season (mostly because I was running up against the keeper limit of 5). During the past two weeks, he gave me 9/4/11/0/.333. Runners up include Evan Longoria, who gave me 9/5/11/0/.234 even though I had dropped him at one point during the playoffs, Mark Teixeira, who gave me 7/3/8/0/.405, and Shane Victorino, who gave me 6/2/3/4/.422.
Who doesn't love Victorino?

Quote:
2. 101/30/100/12/.283. That is my cumulative batting line for the past two weeks with 635 at bats. 92/37/106/14/.285. That is Ryan Braun's season with 607 at bats. I'm not sure what my point is, but there's a point here somewhere.
That's actually a pretty insanely productive two weeks. I believe 40/15/40/7/.280 is a good enough week to win in most leagues. You more than doubled that.
Quote:
3. Blech. My pitching totally sucked in the past two weeks. Counting only pitchers that started at least two games, Jamie Moyer would be my finals MVP for pitching. He gave me 1.50 ERA, 1.17 WHIP, 5 Ks and 2 wins. The runner-up would be Scott Baker, who gave me 3.86 ERA, 1.11 WHIP, 9 Ks and 1 win. How did the "studs" do? Tim Lincecum gave me 28 Ks, sure, but also gave me only 1 win, 4.66 ERA and 1.24 WHIP. Scott Kazmir gave me 15 Ks, 1 win, 8.36 ERA and 1.71 WHIP. Chad Billingsley gave me 10 Ks, 1 win, 5.91 ERA and 1.97 WHIP.
This is a pretty strong indictment of H2H. Good pitchers on good teams coast at the end cause their teams have clinched (Bills and Kazmir).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16