LOGIN

A quick word before we begin with the two-start jibber-jabber:  I’m out of town this weekend visiting my brother in Cincinnati. He runs a golf course out there, so I plan to take full advantage of free golf privileges.  And while on the links, I like to wash away the pain of double-bogeys with cold ones. I also like to celebrate pars with cold ones. This, of course, is simply a roundabout way of saying that I’m way too drunk to reply to your comments today. Not to worry, though. Our own J.B. Gilpin was kind enough to fill in for me.  Thanks, J.B.! Now for the two-starters.

NOTE:  I looked ahead at the two-start landscape a few days earlier than usual this week, so this group of probable pitchers is especially subject to change.  Apologies in advanced for anything I may have missed.  For a look at all fantasy baseball streamers, click that link.

MUST START

Clayton Kershaw (DET, @TB); Jon Lester (@TB, @BAL); Hisashi Iwakuma (HOU, @OAK)

•  Start ’em if you got ’em.

FIRST TIER

Julio Teheran (@SD, SF)l Matt Garza (CIN, @NYM); Homer Bailey (@CHC, MIL); Doug Fister (@KC, @MIN); Jered Weaver (@BAL, NYY); CC Sabathia (@OAK, @LAA); Bartolo Colon (NYY, SEA); Jeff Locke (SF, LAD); Alex Cobb (BOS, KC); Derek Holland (CLE, TOR); R.A. Dickey (@CHW, @TEX);

• If it weren’t for the brutal match-ups, Sabathia would be in the must start category, but he gets knocked down a peg facing the high-powered offenses of the A’s and the Angels.  Unlike last week, we do have a few streamable options in tier one, starting with Bartolo Colon (43% owned in Y! leagues).  Other potential scoops are Julio Teheran (49%) and Jeff Locke (58%).  In shallow leagues, you might be able to find Matt Garza (67%), but all others here are likely owned.  As always, everyone from the first tier is a quality two-start option.

SECOND TIER

John Lackey (@TB, @BAL); Scott Feldman (CIN, @NYM); Dylan Axelrod (TOR, @HOU); Tony Cingrani (@CHC, MIL); Yovani Gallardo (@MIA, @CIN); Cole Hamels (@MIN, @COL); Jason Marquis (ATL, ARI); Tim Lincecum (@PIT, @ATL); Michael Wacha (@NYM, @MIA); Alexi Ogando (CLE, TOR); Josh Johnson (@CHW, @TEX);

• Tony Cingrani (18%) looks to be returning to Cincy and in line for two starts in his first week back.  Both are nice match-ups, but I’d like to see a little more for Cingrani before bumping him up to first tier status.  Michael Wacha (50%) appears to be in line to go twice — I’m still trusting him after last Tuesday’s poor outing.  Others to look for on waivers:  John Lackey (38%), Scott Feldman (49%), Dylan Axelrod (3%), Jason Marquis (14%), Alexi Ogando (68%), Josh Johnson (69%).  The other names here are likely owned, but you can feel somewhat comfortable using them in week 11.  Yes, even Tim Lincecum.

THIRD TIER

Wade Miley (@LAD, @SD); Freddy Garcia (LAA, BOS); Miguel Gonzalez (LAA, BOS); Scott Kazmir (@TEX, WAS); Dallas Keuchel (@SEA, @CHW); Ricky Nolasco (MIL, STL); P.J. Walters (PHI, DET); Dillon Gee (STL, CHC); Roberto Hernandez (BOS, KC); Dan Haren (@COL, @CLE)

• As usual, it’s a good idea to avoid guys from tier three, but there are a few reasons to be optimistic with this bunch.  Ricky Nolasco is trending upward, looking more reliable every week, but I find it hard to trust him in his weekend start against St. Louis.  He’ll be a far more useful option from week to week once Miami trades him to a contender.  Dillon Gee also gets a dreaded start versus the Cardinals, so he’s tough to trust here, but he is coming off of a greatly encouraging outing.  Finally, Dallas Keuchel gets two mouthwatering opponents, and I can see taking a flyer on him for upside’s sake.

DON’T START

Jon Garland (WAS, PHI); Jeremy Guthrie (DET, @TB);
Wade Davis (DET, @TB);