It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Mike Gonzalez and the Braves
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:13 pm 

If I am not mistaken, Mike G has had 0 save opps since Jul 18. The Braves only have had 5 wins since, 6 counting tonight... even they beat teams up or they don't win. Usually crap teams win close ones when they do win, but not the Bravos.

My team has 4 "closers," but I have fewer saves than some teams with 2... amazing stuff. My pitching rate stats are great. Tops in ERA and WHIP and also 2nd in Ks, but the other counting stats are bad.

If I dropped Gonzalez, would he then pick up 5 saves in 10 days?

Post subject: Re: Mike Gonzalez and the Braves
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:23 pm 

You know the answer to that, Smurf. Of course he would.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
Is your league H2H? Roto?
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:54 pm 

Is Chris Perez gonna be the primary STL closer now?

I am a little tempted to drop M Gonzalez for him since STL is probably gonna create more sv opps. I only care about saves as I can afford a hit in WHIP and ERA. Then again, I am probably just gonna sit tight. Hard to predict what Tony is thinking, even the sober Tony.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:13 pm 

Smurf, there's a good chance Wainwright might be getting all Cards saves within two weeks.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.
I don't know every single matchup for next week, so if you want me to choose a player for the following week and you think the matchups are important, tell me who they're facing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:47 pm 

Grey, what do you think about Mike Gonzalez compared to Francisco (TEX) and Ayala (NYM)?

I only care about picking up saves as the rest of my pitching should keep me tops in WHIP and ERA. The Braves generate one save opp every 2 weeks. That's not gonna do.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:51 pm 

papasmurf wrote:
Grey, what do you think about Mike Gonzalez compared to Francisco (TEX) and Ayala (NYM)?

I only care about picking up saves as the rest of my pitching should keep me tops in WHIP and ERA. The Braves generate one save opp every 2 weeks. That's not gonna do.

I think you're taking from Peter to pay Paul. Or paying Peter with Paul's money or whatever that cliche is. In other words, Gonzalez could get two saves this weekend and Ayala might get none. It's not an ideal move. Will the Mets give Ayala more save opportunities? They should. Will he covert them? Maybe. It's a fair move to go for Ayala, just know it might Jokey Smurf you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:02 am 

I finally punted Gonz, for Francisco.

I guess this means if Gonz is available in your league, you guys should grab him and drop Francisco.

I may have lost Aviles and Beltran for a few days at least, so I can't mess around waiting for the Braves to generate their 3 save chances per month anymore. Gotta make up the pts on pitching that the offense drops.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:28 am 

Move might work out for you, but I could see it being a push, as well.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:41 pm 

is lookin like a push so far, though franc appears more dominant w/ the ks, which i dont need.