It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Jose Tabata
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:21 pm 

Is he gonna be playing with the big boys soon or will it just be Alvarez coming up in June?

PS, yes I read 'the article'. I'm just confirming that there is a consensus of him being brought up soon as my league is too deep to let him sit for too much longer. All the big names are already sitting on other people's benches (Wallace, Alvarez, Stanton, Strasburg, etc) and I don't want to miss the boat if I can help it.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.

Post subject: Re: Jose Tabata
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:27 pm 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Yeh, I think Tabata is up for sure before late June, and Alvarez right before or after.

Who would you drop though for Tabata?

Matt Ryan
Rashad Jennings
Andre Ellington
Emmanuel Sanders
Josh Gordon
Kenny Stills
TY Hilton
Larry Donnell

Brandon Marshall, Coby Fleener, Alfred Blue, Grice

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:32 pm 

If you can't wait with all the other top prospects taken it may be worth the acquisition. I would imagine Tabata being called up before Alvarez. If Alvarez is called up before Tabata and you hear aout it and are owning Tabata, that would be an easy drop of Tabata for Alvarez. Own both if possible. Alvarez has more power potential and tabata has the better average and speed potential. if you have more questionslet me know.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:38 pm 

I'd have no problem dropping Brignac or Zambrano for a spec pick. Tabata is probably up in June, but he may not see everyday at bats right away. Oh, and he's going to be a Pirate so expect the team suckage to continue.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 1:42 pm 

Thanks all! As far as who to drop, I'm trying to make some major two for ones as my DL slots will soon be emptying. Branyan & Brignac could go, but I'm seeing if Brignac can bring some trade value before that happens. Plus I'm stuck with 2/3rds of the Toronto love triangle in Lewis and Encarnacion. However that shakes out could determine who goes as I'd be surprised if it were Snider.

Of course, Zambrano could go too but our league counts punches landed against catcher as a bonus stat. I know it's been a while, but I'm sure Soto is due an upper-cut here in the near future.

If you want me to look at your team, post the team. Don't post a link to another site where the team is.
Have you given me all the info I need to judge your team? The number of teams in the league is a good start for the big overall questions.
I don't know who's on your waivers. Don't just ask me who you should pick up. Give me names to choose from.
If you only have one team, post your team in your signature with the league parameters.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:55 pm 

Oregon Nut Cups wrote:
Thanks all! As far as who to drop, I'm trying to make some major two for ones as my DL slots will soon be emptying. Branyan & Brignac could go, but I'm seeing if Brignac can bring some trade value before that happens. Plus I'm stuck with 2/3rds of the Toronto love triangle in Lewis and Encarnacion. However that shakes out could determine who goes as I'd be surprised if it were Snider.

Of course, Zambrano could go too but our league counts punches landed against catcher as a bonus stat. I know it's been a while, but I'm sure Soto is due an upper-cut here in the near future.

Zambrano and Lewis are possibilitie, with Zambrano being the immediate drop if necessary. I mean, he really isn't doing anything worthy of a roster spot this season. Either way, you have the pieces to drop if you want to pick up Tabata.