It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Jay Bruce!!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:23 am 

ok so i keep reading all about this guys talent and upside. and i landed him in a 6 player deal and i gotta say im not at all impressed. what was all the hype about??? did he miss as a sure fire prospect? is he slumping. rotowire projects him for 30 hrs 78 runs 78 rbis 15 steals 280 avg........were they on crack???? his higest hr total was 22? and he hit 221? give me ur input on yhis guy both good and bad......

Post subject: Re: Jay Bruce!!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:58 am 

Only thing i know for sure is the guy in my league that owns Bruce has a pretty big mancrush on him, and this guy is usually dead on with his picks. I'm with you tho. Maybe he does develop into a great power hitter but i don't expect him to ever hit for average (although his K:BB ratio is better so far this season and his average reflects it). I think Snider is and will be a much better player but for whatever reason (maybe because he plays in Toronto) none of the other guys in my league even seem to know who he is.

My prediction is Bruce will wind up somewhere between the over-hyped player he currently is and the inconsistent player he's been.

Post subject: Re: Jay Bruce!!!!!!
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:59 am 
Sponsor
Sponsor

Bruce will be a 40 HR with 100 or so RBI to boot every year, it is just a matter of when and in fantasy drafts, just knowing what a player can do pushes his value through the roof.

As shown in his past, Bruce goes from hot/cold like Obama goes through regulation bills.

If I owned Bruce, I would just ride it unless someone will give me about 80 cents on the dollar for him.

Matt Ryan
Rashad Jennings
Andre Ellington
Emmanuel Sanders
Pierre Garçon
Brandin Cooks
Doug Martin
Larry Donnell

Bobby Rainey, Andre Ellington, Stephen Jackson, Marcus Wheaton, TY Hilton