Jamie Garcia

News, Injuries, Rosters - All baseball all the time!
steamer33

Jamie Garcia

Postby steamer33 » Wed May 19, 2010 4:47 am

Just want to know what thoughts are on this guy going forward. He's been incredible, but can he keep this up? His value can't be any higher right now. Does he have an innings limit this year?

I have a pretty deep pitching staff of J. Johnson, Kershaw, Bills, Garcia, Price, Liriano, Marcum, E Santana so he might be the guy to move since I could use OF help. I've been talking back & forth with G. Sizemore owner & he wants a SP. Is Garcia the guy to move?
Standard 12 team H2H 5 X 5

C - M. Napoli
1B - J. Morneau
2B - I. Stewart
3B - E. Longoria
SS - J. Reyes
MI - J. Rollins
CI - M. Laporta
OF - J. Upton
OF - C. Granderson
OF - C. Lee
OF - B. Gardner
OF - C. Quentin
UTL - J. Borbon
Bench - V. Martinez
Bench - A. Ramirez

SP - F. Hernandez, J. Johnson, F. Liriano, J. Garcia, E. Santana, C. Billingsley, M. Scherzer, E. Volquez
RP - Andrew Bailey, D. Aardsma
DL - C. Utley

Paper Tiger

Re: Jamie Garcia

Postby Paper Tiger » Wed May 19, 2010 7:21 am

He won't stay this good, but Duncan can turn anyone into a viable starter (see Todd Wellemeyer). The cards haven't specifically said anything about inning limits, but you'd have to assume they're going to clinch the central in early September. He's going to get shut down at some point.

As far as a trade goes, I don't see any reason not to. Though I hate Sizemore, you have plenty of pitching. I might try to push a guy like Price for a better OF option. The AL East tends to bury SP ERAs during the summer months.

Return to “Baseball - General Player Discussion”